Anyone getting an xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bigb996, Sep 6, 2005.

1. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

I went ahead and reserved one because IMO madden and nba live look amazing. Plus There are a ton of sweet games coming out for it including the new ghost recon. If you go to blockbuster A few stores have some spots left. They are getting 10 per store and they are the platinum packages which include

-Xbox 360 console
    -20GB detachable hard drive
    -wireless controller
    -wireless Xbox Live headset
    -high-definition AV cables
    -ethernet cable
    -Xbox 360 Media Remote Control (limited time)
    -detachable faceplate
    -Xbox Live Silver membership.

[​IMG]

price is 399.99 and if you want just the system with a controller its like 299.99. Blockbuster makes you put 100.00 minimum down on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

dayyyaammm..that look tight!! i would if i had $400 to throw down..heck i just got an xbox in january

3. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

nope, holding off

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i wanna get one... but i might wait till version 1.1 comes out

5. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i'm thinking to go back to the PC for gaming, the whole non-reverse compatability of the 360 is leaving a bad taste in my mouth, and i can tweak my system as i see fit (including entertainment center intergration).

6. I'm thinking of getting the new nintendo. The ability to go DL all the original games from the NES and SNES is a real plus for an old timer like me.

7. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i'm going to get it, but after PS3 is out. i think the price will go down about a hundred bucks. just so Bill can F--- with Sony. he's a bastard, but he makes a kick ass gaming unit. who's into Forza right now? i'm so addicted, it hurts. my screen name on Live is "Superdude555" if you feel like looking me up.

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I will get an Xbox 360, but I am not paying for it. I am going to win one thru that Mountain Dew, every 10 minutes sweepstakes.

9. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

what's that about?

10. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

the reverse capabilities will be available if you get the one with the 20 gig hd.

The nintendo is gonna be saweet.

The ps3 they are saying might be postponed till 2007 bc it will cost around 700 bucks as of right now because of what it has. They iwll have to tone it down a ton to get it cheap enough.

11. monk

so the 20GB is reverse? hmmm... i may reverse myself then. we'll see what kind of price wars come about.

12. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Just check out www.everytenminutes.com. They are giving away a new Xbox 360 every 10 minutes for the next 9 weeks.

13. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

sweet, thanks!

14. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

ill tell you a game that is catching my eye right now. The test drive unlimited. Read the features this game has.

Test Drive Unlimited is redefining the racing genre online. The seamless online connection offers unlimited new challenges, opponents and competitions as well as monthly additions of vehicles, aftermarket parts, clothes and apparel
    More than 125 licensed vehicles from exclusive manufacturers including Lamborghini, Ducati, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Saleen, Shelby, and Jaguar
    Realistic cars and bikes: Amazing render quality and unrivalled interior details including full car functions such as radio, electric windows, horn, wipers and more
    Personalization: Upgrade each car or bike with options from the actual manufacturers’ catalog. Players create characters, buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade vehicles with aftermarket parts
    Create challenges or races from more than 50 game rules and settings. Upload your created challenges online to become part of the player community
    A gathering of communities: Players can create or join a club to talk, chat, trade, race or organize club-based competitions and tournaments
    Simplified match making and division based rankings make this game the most comprehensive and accessible online racing experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its like a real life simulator sorta. if you can like put the top up and down on the cars and stuff that would be amazing. im gonna keep an eye on this. As for now i am probably getting a couple sports games, maybee dead or alive 4, and some form of shooting game like call of duty.

15. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

16. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

One of my friends is going to get one so I'll just play on his, or any of yours:keke:

17. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

the original battlefield is fun as crap. So is vietnam. im sure battlefield 2 will be just as good. Toca looks real almost till you get right on the pic.

18. Personally i am highly doubtful it will actually look like that (that racing game one) the "x-box360" in E3 was actually modified Apple G5s

PS3 will rape that machine...and my computer ;_;

19. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Dude, you have the coolest sig. :bowdown:

(Big DD fan here.)

20. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

either you think it's a little queer (not that there's anythink wrong with that) or you know exactly where it's from!!!
    Thanks moose
    funny thing, my Bro-in-law named his fantacy football team Sparkle Motion, not too fitting there. hahaha

21. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

28:6:42:12

22. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

we can have a donnie d site!!!! :wiggle:

23. monk

28-6-42-12.com is available ;)

24. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

LOL-now if i only knew how to set-up a web site.

25. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

im lost lol......hoe well

Last edited: Sep 9, 2005
  26. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Eagerly awaiting the PS3 myself, never been a big fan of XBOX... the 360 does look pretty sweet though....

27. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i just wish i could get hard details on any of these systems. They are keeping everything very silent.

28. monk

well if you're really that inspired to do a website, i do it for a living (design, information architecture and administration too), just remember that having a site that's worthwhile is quite time consuming (ask alex). i may register it just to have a cool url in the future.

29. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i'm looking forward to ps3... not so much for xbox...