Anyone go Blu-Ray/HD DVD yet?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BelvnAWD, May 24, 2007.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

If so, what have your experiences been like. Do you feel like they were worth the money you paid? Has anyone gotten the Xbox 360 Elite with the HMDI and HD DVD add on? Using the Playstation 3 as a BR player? Trying to decide if I want to be an early adopter or not. Going the 360/PS3 route seems more attractive, but I just don't have time to play games very often anymore. Anyways, if you are using a HD format, have you been happy with the purchase and would you recommend it?

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Amol just bought a 360. Not sure what package/accessories he bought though.

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am waiting until I can easily and cost effectively burn Blu Ray or HD before I decide to go with one or the other. Still curious to see who will win the war. My money is on Blu Ray, though I don't have any reasoning behind it.

4. Demo24

Demo24 Member

well Blu-ray is winning the race at the moment. I would think that it stays in front.

I suspect part of that is because "Blu-ray" just sounds cooler and more high tech than "hd-dvd", in an uneducated consumer sense.

5. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

if history repeats itself then blu-ray will lose

6. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah if I were you I'd wait until there is only one brand left. I mean you don't want to be the guy who buys betamax instead of vhs :)

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

you can get the 360 addon to work with the pc... cheap for 200 bucks

8. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

I agree. Just sit tight and watch the war :)

9. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

+1 to that

10. BelvnAWD

Yeah, the intellectual side of me (yes, its the MUCH smaller side) says wait a year and I will be able to get a $200 Hi Def player that is much better than any of the offerings on sale now, but the part of me that watches SD DVD's on my tv says, "Buy the Hi Def player now...."

11. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

there are some great upconverting DVD players out there. I know I there was one on AVS Forums that got some outstanding reviews and the price point was around 150. Also Sony has two models which have gotten great reviews.

12. BelvnAWD

Probably the one of the OPPOs. I hang out on AVSforums from time to time. I have decided to wait. All of my DVD players do upconversion over HDMI, and the picture is good enough, for now....