Anyone have a Nexus 1?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Berzerklo, May 10, 2010.

1. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Thinking about getting an android phone, but I wanted to know if anyone has any hands on experience with a Nexus 1 before I drop $530. I tried to swing by T-Mobile to see if they had one out I could play with but to no avail.

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Nicad has one.

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

yep nicad has one. I've got the CDMA/Verizon equivalent.

Nexus One is only sold on google's website

4. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

5. I just bought the incredible ........its incredible ...lol

6. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Get the Incredible or wait until the Evo comes out on Sprint next month. I have played with a few Incredible phones at work and they are....well....incredible:)

7. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

My n1 should be here tomorrow...excited

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

OP in on tmobile... I think the N1 is one of the only Android phones he can get... No Droids, Incredibles, EVO's, Hero's etc...

9. Matt

unless he changed carriers. ;)

10. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Actually I am on AT&T and I refuse to buy an iPhone. I know they have a few android phones available (a dell and the Motorola Blur) but from what I have read they aren't very good. As far as I can tell, this leaves my options for an android phone to a Nexus one or getting an unlocked Canadian Droid that works on the AT&T frequencies but is the same price point as an N1. I saw on Google's website that you can get the N1 subsidized by Tmobile which is why I thought maybe they had one in the store to play with.

And I just saw that the EVO has an HDMI output. I still have another year left on my contract otherwise I would seriously think about switching.

For all of those that have one, do you like it? Any gripes?

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  11. Trey

Trey Active Member

I have the Incredible and it's flat out awesome but wish it was the EVO with HDMI out and front facing camera (video conferencing). Boo VZW!! Maybe when they roll out their LTE network, I guess......

12. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

no complaints with mine. I like it. does pretty much everything

13. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

So 12 hours into having my nexus1 I really dig it except for not all of my contacts that I've added show up in my contacts unless I actually do a search for them and then they show

Very odd and I don't know how to make them show

14. Matt

I run into that issue all the time. :(

15. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

Any way to fix it?

16. Matt

not sure. Even with looking one of hte ones I know is missing up, it shows the contact, but still doesn't show in the phone book.

17. Trey

Trey Active Member

Is it like the contacts in the Inc? You can mark them as Favorites or Friends and then add the widget to one of the screens so you can flick through them. It even links in with facebook to pull in their profile pic. Kinda cool. I did have two contacts that were there then were gone. Even removed them from my blackberry (google sync) I had to manually add them back then the facebook link worked again. Weird.

18. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Me too on my Droid... Contacts is pretty screwy that way.. Especially synced with FB. I have to look in contacts & favorites. Favorites seems to be adding frequently called numbers even thought I dont want them there.... Seems to be across the whole android platform... And then whoever is in favorites is taken out of your full contacte list... No sir.. I don't like it.

19. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

i don't sync with facebook and have never had this problem

20. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

I don't sync with DB but the challenge still persists

21. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yeah, I bet FB is a big culprit... but I like having the pictures from it next to the contacts... also, emails on other crap from FB...