Anyone have a suggestion for good 1911 trigger work?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WRboXer, Oct 10, 2011.

1. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

About to get some trigger work done on my 1911-22 and possibly my P238. Talking to the guys at bullseye they pointed me to a local, located right next to allpro actually, Gazaway Machine and Tool gunsmith.

Anyone ever hear good or bad things? Have any other good suggestions?

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

PM bomjoon, he and a couple other friends are gun-afficianados' they have trigger work, custom setups, DIY's etc done weekly. if anyone knows a good ATL place its him.

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

Gazaway would be the way to go. I'm sure Lil Jew will chime in soon enough about his work

4. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Gazaway did all the work on wrxin8or's AR, as well as what could be done on my pistol. Nice guy, right across the street from AllPro.

edit - wrxin80r's AR is little jew's old AR

5. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House!: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; T-Mobile G2 Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Andy Gazaway, the old man is a wizard. Only person that I trust. You've probably shot next to him at Bullseye.

Gazaway Machine and Tool

9 North Drive

/thread

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  6. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

7. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

We are very fortunate to have such an amazing gunsmith located down the street.

For those you you that don't know Harrison is considered by many to be the finest 1911 gunsmith in the world. As soon as I have some extra coin laying around I've got a colt I've been saving for him.

8. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Dropped both of my Sig's, the 1911-22 and the p238, off with gazaway. Expect to have them back Thurs night and shooting Friday. Going for a ~3.5lb trigger on the p238 and a cleaner break, trying to get the 1911-22 to match the p238 as close as possible. He gave me a combo deal, $100 for both jobs. Hopefully he will also be able to remove my magazine safety from the 1911-22.

9. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Wish this wasn't far from me. I got a 12 gauge that jams up after firing it. The sliding plate seems to be worn out and jump out every time. Anyone know a very good gunsmith around Norcross?

LMGTFY?

10. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Just take it with you the next time you go to AllPro for an oil change. Gazaway is directly across the street.

11. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

^^

True. I'm not really in any rush.

12. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Both the p238 and 1911-22 came back great. Besides the weight change in pull, ~4lbs on the p238 and ~3.5lbs on the 1911-22, the p238 break is much cleaner now. The 1911-22 still doesnt have the cleanest break, but its still nicer. Very pleased.

Oh and he removed the magazine safety on the 1911-22 as well, FTW.