Anyone in the Sandy Springs Area Know of a Good Self Car Wash?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nygiant, Aug 30, 2010.

1. nygiant

nygiant Member

I recently moved to sandy springs off of roswell rd near the classic subaru. I used to live in smyrna near vinings, and there were nice, clean, functioning self washes all over. The only I have found in sandy springs is near the pepboys on roswell rd, and that place is an abomination. Its dirty, disgusting, shit barely works, looks as if there is little to no upkeep on the place, so i dont even want to set foot in there.
    Are there any other self washes in the general sandy springs vicinity that are decent?

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

There is one at the corner of Roswell Rd and Dunwoody Place, right behind the BP

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Go North on Roswell Rd, not too far above Holcomb bridge and there is an ok hand wash place on the left... If you want to pay a few bucks, I recommend Mammoth Car Wash.. Also on Roswell Rd. (hwy. 9), North of Mansel road a few miles on the left... Its $17 for exterior and $23 for exterior/interior. Hand wash and they do an excellent job. Both places a bit of a hike from you (I live right in the apts. behind QT by you)... Not much in our immediate area worth a damn.

4. nygiant

nygiant Member

coincidence....i live in the apts right behind QT....jasmine.....

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

lol.. small world... I live in the 2000 building right by the "cool" pool.... you? Do you have the black WRX I see every morning around 8ish?

6. nygiant

nygiant Member

well when you say black, you actually mean gray with black wheels, then yes thats me lol.
    i live in the 3800 building which is seemingly in the ghetto area of the complex...i'm glad i signed a shorter lease, bc i will surely be moving out

7. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Good times at the Jasmines.

The carwash on Dunwoody place is decent. Kinda in the ghetto but ive never had a problem there. The driveway is flat unlike the one by pep boys so its easy getting in and out of. There is also one on roswell rd next to the hand wash place Boom was talking about but its a few extra quarters than the ones actually in SS.

If you want a super nice one go up to exit 12b and there is one called the Tropic Wash or something like that just on the right past the Racetrack.

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yeah, the complex is def. going downhill over the last few years. Was really nice when I moved in in 1999. Like you said, some parts are worse than others... Sorry about the color confusion... Brain is only partially powered up when I see you in the am...

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

...you've lived there for 10+ years?

buy a friggin' house already! stop wasting money

/rant

10. jesus888

jesus888 Member

I work up at Exit 11, and there's a Katy's car wash that I go to... go through the tunnel of water (automatic exterior car wash) and then dry/vacuum my self for free. $3.... can't beat it.

11. nygiant

nygiant Member

Oh btw...I'm writing out a check for the rent today...is it payable to jasmine or Lyon?

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Really? I would have never thought of that! Thx!..... ok, now that thats over.... For my current situation, an apt. fits me fine... Running out and getting into a 30 year mortgage doesn't suit everyones needs....

13. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Write it to Jasmine... I write mine out to "The Falls"... They are all owned by Lyon...

14. nygiant

nygiant Member

hey all...just bumping this bc i moved to dunwoody near the 300 bowling alley.
    any self washes, or good full services washes round these parts?