anyone know any other High Speed ISP's?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Weapon, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i have bellsouth dsl right now but it sucks!! always goes out..is very inconsistant! does anyone know of any other highspeed internet companies i can choose from? i called verizon and they said not in Georgia..Comcast requires me to have their cable service? is there any others to choose from?

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i have earthlink and have been pretty happy with it... however my friends who have cable get much higher speeds

3. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

I am having good luck with my adelphia cable modem.. pretty darn stable and killer speeds :D

4. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

cable is the way to go....i had Charter before and loved it...now i moved to my current complex and apparently Bellsouth has the monopoly on the services there so i can only have bellsouth DSL and it sucks.....but i like my apartment except for that...oh and bellsouth cable tv blows too....in case anyone was wondering :thumbsdow

5. Meredith

Meredith Banned

i had tons of issues with earthlink so when i moved i switched to bellsouth, which i have had no problems with. just watch out if you switch to earthlink. earthlink has all these "specials" where if you don't look at the fine print they will screw you over. if you accept the special offer pricing you have to have service for a complete 12 months. if you move out 11 months and 20 days and you shut off your phone, earthlink will rape you in charges. they tried to do that to one of my friends.

i called them when i was about to move and had them promise me three times that i would not be charged when i cancelled my service. then they keeping on auto billing my checking account three months after the fact! when i ask to get the money back they told me they can only pay me back $20 every two weeks! it was so stupid!

6. RADON

RADON Member

Comcast is my only choice, d/l speed of around 775 KB/sec. It pwns.

7. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

My adelphia is like 3750 Down / 420 up for 45 a month.

Not to bad.

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I think Bellsouth really depends on whether you're getting 'real' DSL or IFITIL. We have IFITL (fiber) in my neighborhood and it's been rock solid other than the occasional DNS issue. I use Treewalk DNS on my computers, though, so I'm not really affected by it. Bellsouth is notorious for that particular problem, by the way, so might want to give it a shot before giving up on them as a provider.

9. slizan99

slizan99 Member

I have comcast broadband and I don't have cable through them. call back and ask again.

10. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

i have charter at home and i love it. bellsouth at work, it good about 75% of the time