Anyone play Roller Hockey

Discussion in 'Sports' started by xcritic, Sep 29, 2008.

1. xcritic

xcritic Member

Hey guys, I've been looking for something to get my fat ass off the couch and get some exercise. And since I use to play roller hockey I think thats a good direction to go. What i want to know is if there is anyone on here that plays in an adult league or knows any info about one? It seems from my searching that that are very few in my area and its difficult to get someone to respond to inquiries.

2. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

man I use to play street hockey back in the day!! that was so fun and an awesome way to exercise. I really don't know about any leagues or anything.....i try to do raquet ball here and there to get me some cardio in. hope you can find something!

3. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I used to play roller hockey way back in the day....like 8 or 9 years ago...

4. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I think the Cooler in Alpharetta still has some adult leagues both roller and ice. Also, there is a park off peachtree Industrial near Berkeley Lakes (Pickneyville Park I think). There is a roller hockey rink there and you can get in on some pickup games, but nothing formal. I personally prefer playing on ice, but living in the south it's hard to be an ice snob and still play:)

5. i play but the closest thing to me was in here in columbus where roller hockey died and then in lagrange they play. thats a little far from you though.

6. xcritic

xcritic Member

Thanks guys it seems we were all playing roller hockey about the same time, that must have been a popular time for it about 10 years ago.

7. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I know there is a ring right off Windward, just past 400...but, I have only seen people w/ RC cars there.

8. xcritic

xcritic Member

Looks like alpharetta has a league, and there are a bunch of pickup games around. The information to find out about these is terrible. I lucked out and stumbled upon a local hockey forum and found everthing I needed to know.

9. my last actual rec season was in the spring and it fell apart for the fall season so now i have to decide if im playing ice or not.

10. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Ice FTW. If anybody wants to throw a pickup game together ice or roller I'm always game.

11. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

I played roller all through middle and highschool.

I dont know where you live, and some of this info could be off...its be a couple years.

Slapshots exit 13 off 400, used to have a pick up game every wens night 10:00-12:00. I used to play at the cooler but always sanctioned events. There are also two outdoor rinks at Union Hill...look it up. Im sure they have pick up games, but the rinks are open to anyone if you want to just go screw around.