AP Racing 6pot/4pot setup for LGT

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by benfrancis, Jun 15, 2015.

1. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Update on my legacy!

I picked up the set of AP Racing brake calipers that were listed on the WRXATL Facebook page and I am very excited about having this brake setup on the car. It can be debated that this is far too much braking power for what I may need/use it for and to some level I'll agree with you but on another level I will say it was too good of a deal to not try. :wiggle:

[​IMG]

With that being said, I have been talking to Stillen brakes out of California trying to get some info on exactly what size rotors (friction rings & top hats) to get so I can finally get these things installed. I know the rotor size needs to be 330x28mm for the front kit (no idea yet on the rear, maybe the same?) but the legacy hub clearance size is apparently different than the 2002 WRX that this kit was made by AP Racing for.

Brake gurus, I could use your help! Stillen about getting some hats made for the kit but they mentioned getting them CAD'd and I can't find any of the dimensions.

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Pretty sure you are SOL on the rear brakes as the WRX/STI rear calipers do not fit on the LGT hubs.

3. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Hmm. Well I have the custom bracket to fit the calipers on, everyone I've talked to has said that the caliper fitment isn't the issue, it's more the rotors. I'll keep researching though, thanks for the info.

4. integroid

You have custom brackets that fit the AP calipers on a LGT rear hub?

Another issue will be the parking brake since it is integrated into the rear rotor on the LGT and not so on WRX/STi.

Good Luck!

5. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

The kit was made for the 2002 wrx which has the same 170mm parking brake so that shouldn't be an issue. I talked to someone at KNS brakes and they said it should be fine w/o and sort of parking brake shoe adapter. The brackets were custom made for the calipers, the previous owner was going to fit them on his brz but didn't end up going that route.

6. integroid

I remember when I swapped to a STi setup on my LGT....The fronts were fine but the rears were a no go. The calipers did not align with the hubs and would have had custom rotors because of something to do with the parking brake. I really dont recall all of it since it has been years since I have touched a LGT. Good luck either way.