ATLANTA! 2005 Annual SELOC Super Show,Sunday, August 14th

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by 1SICKLEX, Jul 6, 2005.

1. 1SICKLEX

1SICKLEX Member

Here are pics from last years incredible event!
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70556&highlight=seloc

Well after TONS of hardwork on everyones part, especially JaimerCBR900, we got permission to use the SAME LOCATION as last year, the D&B in Gwinnett. The meet will start around 10 or 11 am this year and go through the whole night. This is the 5th annual show/meet and we are proud to help share the incredible auto enthusiasm Atlanta and the SouthEast has.

We also will have cruises for people to meet in select spots around the Atlanta Area to cruise to the show together.

We are working hard on having the same incredible shops and sponsors as last year and a few surprises. That means more FREE raffles and items.

The WRX family has always represented exceptionally well and are one of the top attractions at this show and we hope this continues.

As this meet has grown tremendously in size and expense, we are asking for a very small $5 fee to come enter.

Please register here so we know where to park people.
    http://www.seloc.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=67

Expect the SAME high quality cars and high performance cars and high class people that enthusiasts want to come check out.

If you have ANY questions, please PM me or e-mail me at seloc1@gmail.com or come join as at www.seloc.net if you have not already done so.

DIRECTIONS:
    Take 85N to Steve Reynolds BLVD. Make a Left at the exit, stay in the left lane. Go down to the 2nd right, make a left into shopping complex. Go straight to the 4-way stop sign. Make a left. DAVE AND BUSTERS in on your right. PLEASE PARK in your car club or car section we will have people assisting you.

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i was there last year, and i'll come again this year

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

also added this to our calendar

4. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'll definately be there again.

5. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I'm in i just registered :wavey:

6. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i'm in

7. stlth664

stlth664 Supporting Member

I'm in and registered :)

8. 1SICKLEX

1SICKLEX Member

Hey you! Its great how the Atlanta forums/clubs get along with one another. :bowdown:

9. GTscoob

Hell yeah!!

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'm down, I'll register later today.

11. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

so who has registered, I spoke to Jaime today and they are going to start planning the parking arrangement based on registered #'s in a few weeks

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i already did

13. GTscoob

Registered.

14. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

+1 :wiggle:

15. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

since my car is stock i will just come hang out not gonna enter

16. 1SICKLEX

1SICKLEX Member

17. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

hey guys,

So how is this gathering. Just debating whether to sign up or not? Some feedback would be great.

18. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

is it free to go watch?

19. lostinthewoods

Stock car or not. Why not pay the 5 to park with the WrxATL guys ;)

20. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

there's a lot guys going...should be a decent variety as well..

21. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

I'm going. I agree, stock or not you should come and hang out.

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i went last time... a lot of cool cars showed up... definitely recommend going

23. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

so should i just pay the 5.00 and come park with you guys? i heard it was invite only.

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

WRX's are invited ;)

25. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Alright, just registtered. I should be able to attend :banana:

26. lostinthewoods

Just signed up.. :wiggle:

27. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

im in!!

28. 1SICKLEX

1SICKLEX Member

Exactly. This is a high-performance, luxury, exotic meet ONLY. We are inviting those types of cars. There will be some high-performance bikes there as well.

Yes, if you don't park in the meet section, its free to enter.
    Its a gathering of the Atlanta community. Many people know one another and share they're cars. There is no competition, just people hanging out. People also walk to the D&B to eat and play games. We try to keep things organized, there are raffles and my good friend Miss Black Atlanta will be there as well.

29. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

well fellas i bit the bullet and signed up. I think i will have some new wheels by then hopefully.

30. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

up to 13 right now but i know we can do better than that.

31. Jaimecbr900

Jaimecbr900 New Member

We have now crested the 100 car mark already. That number doesn't even include the exotics and ole school hot rods that have verbally confirmed are coming. :naughty:

You can see who is already signed up to come, right here:

http://redlineracer.org/html/carshowthanks2005.asp

If you are thinking about coming, please sign up now so you can be counted when it comes time to plan for the parking.

WRX and S2000's are the ones in the lead so far. Way to go guys. :bowdown:

32. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

wow there's gonna be some ferrari's there... :naughty:

33. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

last time there was a lamborghini

34. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea........theres a guy that has 2 vipers and 3 or 4 lambos that lives near me that does shows usually.

35. Jaimecbr900

Jaimecbr900 New Member

Actually there were 2 lambo's last time and they are due back again this year, and he may be bringing some "friends" :naughty: . Also had 4 Ferraris and 1 Porsche 996 (who's also coming again this year) :bowdown: .

We have some surprises also coming. We should have quite a few old school hot rods like 39 Fords (ZZtop type cars) and the like. A handful of domestics (obviously modded) are also rumored to be coming. We've also been told that there are a couple of nice bikes coming too.

If all the people that have NOT signed up BUT said were coming show up.....it's gonna be really good. :naughty:

36. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

wow 114 cars thats impressive......gonna be fun!

37. j69raw

j69raw Member

i'm there!

38. 1SICKLEX

1SICKLEX Member

Alright!!

39. Dellwin

Dellwin Member

I'm in.

40. lostinthewoods

Hey Milo,

Are we (wrxatl folks) gonna all meet up somewhere and head over as a group or what not. Just curious what kind of plans are being laid out for that. Nice to show up with our crew in one line :wavey:

41. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

where you want to meet? i am prolly gonna have to meet you guys off pleasant hill cause i am north up 85 further and you guys are mostly south of me it hink. We could gather over at the petsmart or sportauthority? big parking lot and its right on the sidelot to get there. Theres also a Target right there.

42. GTscoob

Thats what some of the other clubs did last year. Looks really sharp driving in like that.

43. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

im down to all show up at the same time also. nothing better than the growl of 20 subys to turn some heads!

44. lostinthewoods

A Few Early Morning Beers.... that will get things started. :naughty:

Just playing.. So someone make some suggestions of a central location to meet.

45. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

a caravan is definitely a good thing... we could always meet at the sam's club off clairmont... that will give us a few miles of driving on the highway

46. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I woun't be there till like 4....gotta work that morning...but someone save me a spot ok?...hey if ya want to check out a fellow wrxatl'er tryin to make extra cash for mods...I'll be serving at Bugaboo Creek right there on Satellite Blvd.... :ddirty:

47. lostinthewoods

Sounds good. A usual meetin location :)

48. Jaimecbr900

Jaimecbr900 New Member

The latest list of attendees:

http://redlineracer.org/html/carshowthanks2005.asp

The caravan idea sounds great guys!!!! :bowdown: That would be awesome to see all you guys roll in together. We already have your section all picked out for parking.

Remember to sign-up. We will be using a print out of that list to determine if you pay the $5 or the $15 to get in. So please, don't forget to sign-up if you're coming.

We really appreciate the support folks. Really. :bowdown:

49. lostinthewoods

is the 5 or 15 depending if we registered or not?

Just being nosey

50. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

jaime: thanks to u guys for organizing this event and bringing together auto enthusiasts in the area... we are happy to show our support