Atlanta Motor Speedway with Just Track It - July 26th

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Stetson, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Stetson

Stetson Member

I am thrilled to announce that yesterday the details fell into place and we have inked a deal to host an event at Atlanta Motor Speedway on July 26th. This track has not hosted a DE event in many years and it is about time enthusiasts like us get a chance to explore a track we have never driven before. We will be using the oval and road course 2.5 mile configuration for this event. Come try it out. As usual, there will be a metric ton of track time with only 3 run groups.

1. SA rated helmet required
    2. Drivers must be 18 years or older with valid state issued drivers license
    3. Convertibles must have roll over protection – factory rollover protection such as Boxster, S2000, Z4, or aftermarket SCCA approved rollbar
    4. Completed tech inspection form is required (in welcome packet)
    5. Event runs rain or shine
    6. All experience levels welcome
    7. Drivers meeting will be at 8:15AM
    8. First group on track beginning at 9AM
    9. Cost $250 per driver
    10. Share your spot with a co-driver for only an additional $75 (alternate drivers in the same group sharing car)

As always, Instructors with verifiable credentials will be considered. Instructors drive for free with Just Track It. We get to work you hard but you know we treat you well.

Please register on our website at JustTrackIt.net - and also like us on facebook for more updates. You can also e-mail us at JustTrackItLLC@gmail.com

We take all major cards so you can even earn frequent flyer miles while feeding your track addiction. We also take PayPal. The event page has links to pay.

Stay Frosty!

2. griggs81

griggs81 Supporting Member

That is awesome! Hope you guys can do this more than once since I don't think I'll be able to make this one :(

3. Stetson

Stetson Member

Keep us in mind in case things change for you. This is going to be an epic event and a really unique driving experience that is different from the other tracks in the area. We will definately be looking to host more events here in the future.

We'll be at AMP in June, maybe you can join us on that date.

Hope to see you trackside.

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

Chris you should try and make it, it's a fun course. Think of it as a little Daytona.

5. Stetson

Stetson Member

We've started to get a growing number of Subaru's at our events - at Barber we had a couple of STIs, a WRX and a BRZ and at Roebling we had a pair of BRZs. I would love to see more of you Subie pilots hitting the course with us. This is a course that you will really be able to push the envelop of your car's performance.

We've got plenty of spots. If you are a novice, we have instructors that all are certified either from NASA, BMWCCA or PCA. If you are more experienced we have the intermediate and advance run groups where you'll have plenty of other cars to chase around. We'll take care of you if you want to drive.

Stay Frosty,

Stetson

6. Stetson

Stetson Member

Whoa. We were at the track today and they let us do a few 'sighting laps' at a low speed (about 45-50 mph) and this course is freaking awesome. The high banks are amazing to be able to drive. It is like nothing I have ever experienced before. The infield road course is really cool too.

This event is going to be epic! Hope to see you all out at the track.

Stetson

7. Stetson

Stetson Member

I just talked my wife into bringing her bug-eye out to Atlanta Motor Speedway, hope to see a few more of you Subie pilots out there.

Stetson

8. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

I am hoping to get out there! I am trying to figure out a vaca across the pond around that time though. You have been speaking with one my buddies who just signed up (camaro SS) so I hope to join him!

9. Stetson

Stetson Member

This event is going to be Epic. When you leave the in-field road course portion of the track you are entering turn 1 of the NASCAR oval. You'll be wide open as you run your car up the banking onto the circuit. I think it will be an amazing experience. We'll have a chicane set up at the entrance to turn three...think Bus Stop at the Daytona road course and then its back up on the oval past the start/finish line before you dive back into the infield road course.

It is going to be a great event. I am really looking forward to hosting a track day there. If you don't have any experience we'll have our cadre of certified instructors with us to help get you moving with confidence out there.

Hope to see you trackside!

Stetson

10. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Damn, i want to do this but steep banks and horizontal engines scare me :(

11. Stetson

Stetson Member

Our style is to set novices up with a lead follow session at the beginning of the day. We also have classroom style 'chalk talks' where we go over what is going on when you are on course. Lastly we provide in-car coaching from our instructor staff. All our instructors are certified with credentials either from PCA, NASA or BMWCCA.

We get you on course, get you comfortable with the track and then you spend the day building speed, confidence and lowering your lap times while working on your car control and driver skills.

We are very proud of our novice instruction program and we think it is one of the best ways to get out on track and really experience the performance your car is capable of. We are also really proud of the amount of track time we provide for your dollar. You should get about 2.5 hours of actual seat time on course. That is a lot of time for $250!

Come on out and have a good time. I hope to see you all trackside!

Stetson