Atlanta Region SCCA Points Event #1 Registration now open! (2/17)

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by BrianGT, Feb 5, 2008.

1. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Date = 2/17

The new format should work well. Here is the schedule:
    The new concept is that if you run your normal class in the morning (4 runs), you can sign up for DDP (Driver Development Program) runs in the afternoon, which are 6 additional runs, with an instructor in the car with you.

Pricing:
    So, if you are an SCCA member it would cost you $55 for 4 normal runs in the morning, and 6 additional runs in the afternoon, with an instructor. It is a good way to get a lot of seat time, and instruction. If you enjoyed the Subaru Challenge last year, I would highly recommend coming to the first event and trying out the new format.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  2. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

w00t!! Lets have another great season with one of the best SCCA regionas in the country!

3. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

the DDP looks great, and if I wasnt working like a dog right now I would definitely sign up.

Plus, there are limited spots, so you are guaranteed a ton of runs

4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

The only thing missing is the date.

When?

5. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

2/17

Sorry about that :)

6. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

I'll be out of town for at least the first two ARSCCA events with work. I'm still planning on going to the Dixie NT. Here's to DFL!!

7. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

Noob question: I am trying to sign up for SCCA membership, is there separate membership for ARSCCA and SCCA?

At the end of the registration process it showed a blank amount due for the region and for the total

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  8. Meredith

Meredith Banned

You pay your national dues and then you have to pick a home region which has it own dues. You do get your first autox entry free when you become a new SCCA member in AR.

9. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Registered biotches.

[​IMG]

10. SubiNoobi

Thanks, I'll try to register again. Last time it was just blank for the amount due for both the total and the region, so I was unsure what that meant.

I tried to register and all I got was an error message saying that certain fields cannot be left blank; unfortunately I could not access those fields.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  11. Meredith

Meredith Banned

BUMP IT UP.... where are all "subie challenge was so fun I should do this again" people?

12. SubiNoobi

Registered! STS in the morning and DDP in the afternoon!

13. veck

veck Member

Bleh no more time only morning and only 10 slots in the afternoon.

14. SubiNoobi

Yeah, I saw that coming though, at the last two events, the announcers were audibly distressed at the amount of TO entries and the lack of classed entries. I'm guessing this is a move to increase competition within the classes?

15. veck

veck Member

who knows, I just want to drive. The only person I'm trying to beat is myself, and perhaps Meredith.

16. SubiNoobi

I hear ya, but there are other drivers who want to beat YOU!

17. veck

veck Member

Unpossible !

18. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Right now anybody can beat me as I suck driving my S2000 .... Monday BUMP

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  19. Meredith

Meredith Banned

It's a move to a) prevent burnout of TeamSolo members on putting on two day events and b) to increase class competition. In past years we would put on many saturday DDP days and TNT days.... this gets very exhasting for the hardcore TS members. Also our lot rentals keep on increasing. To combat this we are changing our format to get more people out to morning competition and spend the afternoon time on DDP/Novice instruction. Since the afternoon will be run more like a Test and Tune there will be minimal workers and hopefully the chance to get a few more runs in than we usually do in the afternoon.

20. FACE

FACE Active Member

I will be out of town next week end but will be out to some events this year! Have fun you all!

21. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I'm going to hold you to that statement.... ask Joe.... I never forget :p

22. FACE

FACE Active Member

^^^ sweet! (hope she doesn't figure out the s2000 by then and that he can beat her) :naughty:

23. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I think that time is going to be really limited (well atleast i hope so).... I codrove this weekend with the current AS national champ and will be doing so for the next few events... his comment is "you'd be able to drive it fairly well if you could only downshift it properly" :)

24. wrxin8or

Yeah, after driving that STi with gobs of power, its gotta be tough to drive that little rice burner;)

The nice thing about the STi, is the car was so well sorted/had so much power, that you could get away with being a shitty driver (which is why I did well driving her car;))

25. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Yeah having torque out of corners really cover up some bad habits ie overbreaking in a turn.... I discovered that early on last weekend. The problem is that I have to be shifting constantly from 2nd to 1st ala heel toe, i only do it right maybe 20% of the time and the rest of the time i get really flustered and then i lose my concentration for the rest of run.

26. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

haha.. your car is a rowboat 1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2 all in under a minute...

27. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

What's the best option for me this year. I want to run as many autox's as possible. Should I sign up for an SCCA membership? Is it worth it? I only managed to get one novice autox under my belt last year and I've since got a new car so I'll sign up for that again. Also could you post the links to the key websites I should constantly be checking out. Last year it seemed like there were quite a few different ones which I have since lost with reformats and etc.

ta

is a season pass the same thing as scca membership?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  28. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

www.soloatlanta.com

I would recommmending signing up as a member, as you will save on the DDP price too.

29. scooby_snacks

Signing up as a season pass holder on solo? Or joining the SCCA? Where is points 1?

30. Meredith

Meredith Banned

OK Season pass is a lump purchase of all events in advance... I believe it comes down to getting 10 events for the price of 8. YOU MUST BE AN SCCA MEMBER to buy one! There are no refunds for not showing up to an event with Season Pass!

Here is more info for season pass:http://www.soloatlanta.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39

If you decided to purchase a SCCA membership, you first event is free. To get the free event just pay the full non member fee for the event online (this is not for SEASON PASS purchases) and then go to the registration window and ask to sign up for a membership. The cost of the event will be subtracted from the total you owe for you membership (ie if membership cost $80 and the event costs $40..... you pay $40 at the event for your membership with your preregistration of an event).

More info on that here:http://www.soloatlanta.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78

Your best bet for information will be www.soloatlanta.com and the attached forum!

POINT 1 is at the Six Flags EAST LOT

31. scooby_snacks

Thanks alot, that's an extremely useful post.

32. Meredith

Meredith Banned

No problem... if you have anymore questions especially about joining SCCA and buying a season pass at the same time feel free to email Megan our online-registration guru at Soloatlanta@gmail.com

33. scooby_snacks

For now I just bought the single non-member pass for this first event with the intention of signing up to the scca on the day. I don't have the money at the moment to buy a season pass.

34. scooby_snacks

also.... any discounts at six flags :D?

35. Meredith

Meredith Banned

No problem, just make sure to grab a membership form at Points 1! I don't know of any discounts at Six Flags however SCCA members do get a range of discounts at Alan Cox Automotive in Marietta.... check the forums on soloatlanta.com to see what is available.

36. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

auto x

is the auto cross at six flags parking lot sunday?

37. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

38. riddlinkidd66

riddlinkidd66 Member

oh ballin. more info on this please

39. Meredith

Meredith Banned

40. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Bump it up

Thanks to my favorite mod for merging these threads!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  41. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Shouldn't this be moved out of the Gwinnett sub-forum?

42. wrxin8or

what are you talking about dude?;)

43. Meredith

Meredith Banned

BUMP.... we got
    snacks
    noobi
    randy "mere gives me crap about not autoxing"
    clay "the romperstomper"
    alex "i need new wheels" kell
    tasty "sweet pee"
    joey (not "joey the cappacino kid")
    Casey "mere gives me crap aswell" Foster
    chris "mr blue sm wrx"
    brian "i love hondas more than my wife" bell
    Patrick "i love das VW" Gotsol

... anybody else I missed?[/

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  44. wrxin8or

yeah, you missed patrick "VW's rule" gotsol

45. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Bert rules!

Hmm, I think there were many more folks at the Suby Challenge who were going to give a ARSCCA Points event a shot...where are you?

46. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

Thanks for thinking of me. Representin' Deutschland, yo!

47. FACE

FACE Active Member

Out of town:(

48. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

:bumpage:

49. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

I won't be there for Pts. 1 or 2. I should be able to make #3. I'm still on the fence about the NT.

50. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

:(

I had to bail on the Dixie event...