Att All Stupid People

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mad Mallard, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

Quit Swarming Gas Stations Like Retarded Gerbils Looking For Sunflowers. Georgia Is Not Going To Run Out Of Gas And You're Only Going To Make The Cost Of Gas Go Higher More Rapidly

Kthxstfu

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

seriously :hsnono:

3. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

glad i dont have a car and cant currently drive....these gas prices make me second guess the s4 that is coming in next week..........

4. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i got bored on the way home from work and snapped a few pics, not sure if this displays the stupidity
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i passed 8 gas stations on the way home and every one was full and packed. i saw prices as high as $3.89

5. Mad Mallard

Big deal. Even if it jumps a dollar in one day... you put 10 gallons in, that $10.

NOT FOR DRAMA.

If your position in life is teetering so close that you can't aford to spend a $10 extra on gas, you've got bigger problems

6. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

what's worse...the hords of vehicles or the percentage of SUV's?

7. Mad Mallard

oh, and the stupidity i was talking about was Roswell Road around 1600 when people believed that gas stations were all going to close at 5pm....

lines clogged the entire street

8. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

HAHA.. My Wife and I joke about some of these folks.

No matter what it is they are always thinking about THEMSELVES!!
    My wife said the supermarket was packed too. WTF is gonna happen it was um 87 out today.

Its either Gas, Snow, Ice everyone freaks...... Something no one can explain.

9. Mad Mallard

rumors pased around that gas stations were going to collectively close. False.

then rumor was passed around that gas was going to run out in 10 days. False (georgia's gas production is set to produce 10 days worth in its reserve, but thats presuming ALL gas stops, which it hasnt)

A little knowledge is dangerous in the hands of stupid people.

you can still find plenty cheap gas.

10. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

$7 listed at one station... amazing.

I'm laughing looking at all the SUVs at that gas station above. Ouch.

11. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea im glad i dont drive an excursion or big truck.

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im one of the stupid people waiting in line at a gas station :D... paid 4.19/gal... i didn't do it cuz i thought it was my last chance to get cheap gas... if prices rise, i will pay the extra and run 93 in my car, no doubt... i did it cuz i heard a rumor that gas would run out... not that i completely believed it but i need the car to get to school and i wasn't gonna jepardize that no matter how small the chance... rumors turned out to be false... don't matter

13. Mad Mallard

so many frikkin people DONT realise THEY are causing it to go up that high buy being willing to SIT in line and PAY for it!!!!

I'm one mad mallard....

STUPIDmonkeymothersonnova...

whats the angry smiley command?

:angry:

14. Mad Mallard

Whats the worst thing is that there are no boundaries to this stupidity...

People in HUGE luxury suvs as well as beat up old datsun trucks and buicks were guilty !!

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I went to get gas tonight at midnight, everystation that wasnt sold out was packed...I was livid. The price was at least 3.50 a gallon. All I wanted was a damn tank of gas for christs sake.

So what's the verdict? I just turned around and came back home, there's no way in hell I'm waiting in line for gas.

16. SnarkBreeder

SnarkBreeder Member

I'll have you know that I was at half a tank tonight and didn't get any gas. But if gas runs out and I need it, I'm holding you personally responsible.

17. Mad Mallard

dude, this is a fact of everyone creating an artificial demand for a limited supply.

THe people who are WILLING to sit in line and pay lotsa money for this gas are actually the ones causing the prices to raise, remember that.

And its people who don't need to fill up. The best thing people can do to fight gas prices going up artificially is to buy what they need.

and understand that prices ARE going to raise, but that the stupid people are responsible for them raising a freaking dollar in ONE DAY .... and in GEORGIA ONLY.

think about it. The hurricane shut down roads even before it hit landfall. Supply has already been interrupted for days, and we're supposed to believe that it just collides in a matter of a few hours during rush hours???

Please, there's no intellectual equity there.

And think about this, most gas stations are on a weekly or up to 3 times a week schedule. Assume worst case, you got half a tank and decided you could go a few more days. Many of these places that closed their pumps tonight wont see more fuel til monday or tuesday. What do you think happens then? If people haven't chilled out, it will happen again, gas prices will jump another dollar, and it will be gone too.

even if you HAD gotten gas and the worst case happened, that'd still be another week you'd be without. Tell your friends, tell everyone. Relax. Buy gas when you need it. and expect it to be more for a while. Don't freak out and think you need to 'stock up' because the price may go up a dime or a dollar the next day.

Are american's so wimpy they can't handle some slightly meaner gas prices? It will have to goto 7$ before the rest of the world cares, and they all have car infrastructures and manufacturing that still seem to manage...

18. Mad Mallard

NEWS: http://wsbradio.com/news/083105soe.html

19. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

Tell them TJ. I heard from the governor press conference that there is going to be know shortage. It’s all the people jamin in to buy gas. Alferetta*sp has two huge reserves enough to feed all Atl for five days. Yes places ran out of gas but they will have gas soon. Yes prices will go up thats what happens when you have an open market, but the price gouger will get there’s. make sure you get receipts!

20. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I heard some stations are already being yelled at for gouging.

21. fez

fez The Arabian Sensation

i had an empty tank...imagine waiting 20min to fill up.

22. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

People in Hugh Luxury SUVs, When I filled up last night, there was a guy in a Ford GT. He was making the biggest fuss about getting gas too. I don't get it. If you can afford a $500,000.00 car, can you not afford $10.00 a gallon for gas, not that it is that high, but the guy was sitting there in line, laying on the horn, shouting out the window at the cars at the pump, and revving his engine like he was going to die if he didn't get gas within the next 30 seconds.

23. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

i think we can all safely say that people are in fact morons on the whole who don't understand how these things work. Furthermore much of ATL's gas supply doesn't come in through the affected pipeline. On top of that, the Federal Gov't released oil reserves from the nat'l stockpile to compensate for the busted line. If the media didn't make everyone think that the apocalypse was coming if they didn't guy inflated gas, then we probably would have seen very little effect. ...These people are why there's a 10 day waiting period to own a gun...

24. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

actually its only 15-20 min now in ga,

and the Ford GT is around 150,000-170,000, but the guy was still a dick that didnt deserve his car

25. RADON

RADON Member

Releasing oil from the SPR is pointless as there is no refinery capacity. The last fuel refinery was built in 1977. The US does indeed need to drill in Alaska on that tiny, deserted spot, but we desperately need more refinery's to produce the gas.

26. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

well said! :keke:

27. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Should have gotten out of the car and starting taking pics of the guy the GT. Would have been interesting to see the look on his face.

28. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

time for me to get a gun =) Yeah, we need more refineries, but good luck trying to build any more. With they way everyone's attacking oil companies it's getting harder and harder to simply keep up with capacity because of stricter environmental standards. They have to keep closing old ones but the permitting, processes, and regulations to make new refineries are getting out of control rapidly. We need to drill in Alaska, this is true. And Canada (well import from Canada more). Unfortunately everyone thinks that this will lower our dependence on foreign oil. It will but we'll never be rid of the problem because something like 80+% of petroleum drawn is used in things like plasticsm your car's gas is next to nothing of the overall percentage. It's just what the media hypes the most because it's readily visible. hmm... this is turning into a tangent. [end threadjack].

In short, just ride out the hysteria and let prices fall back to where they were before the panic set in.

29. RADON

RADON Member

30. Mad Mallard

this isn't completely true, friend.

this is because america buys Light Crude, which usually has already seen at least one pass through the refinery before getting to america.

Heavy crude is something we can not process at all, and guess what? its only 14$ a barrell.

So our SR is actually light crude and will make a difference. Its good that Bush has been doubling it up since his first term, but that we're tapping it for this... its still going to be hard until we get some heavy crude refining ability.

31. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Fortunately most oil companies are global and do heavy crude refining overseas :bigthumb:. Also we're going back into Libya which pumps some of the best crude in the world and doesn't require nearly as much refining! That should help some in the future too.
    I wonder what all of the people who criticized Bush for stockpiling oil and creating "artifically low supplies" are thinking right now that its being released. I don't know how much press time it got in GA but there was a lot of flak in CA for it a few years ago. Hopefully now they get the picture to why it was done.

32. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

how about they work on improving mass transit?

33. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah something smarta.... :rofl:

34. Mad Mallard

you can blame both Cobb County and the jerrymandered Fulton County for the weaknesses of Marta.

They dont want mass transit to be able to reach up into their rich neighborhoods.

35. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

really?....i haven't lived here that long but it seems like it would help if Marta did stretch further north...but overall it must be hard to have a successful mass transit system when the population is so widespread...

36. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

add gwinnett to that too. gwinnett has fought marta for almost 20 years and then they go and make their own worthless transit system

37. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Hell, with a CCW there's hardly anything to it. :cool:

38. Mad Mallard

think about why they wouldn't want mass transit to reach up there....

...who uses marta now?

39. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

hell, these days, it seems there's more crime in the burbs!!!

40. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I am only going to get gas when I really need it and it will go down. It actually has gone down a few cents...That's my 2 cents...LOL...