Attention Coolrex: Did someone steal your phone number?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by sharif@forged, Jun 8, 2010.

1. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

A guy called our shop just a minute ago, and claimed to be Marcus Fowler but surprisingly he was calling from Delette's cell phone number?

He started asking questions about the GT-R and how much power a Cobb AP and custom tune would produce. And the crazy thing, is his voice sounded exactly like Delette's? I asked him repeatedly if this was Delette, and he denied it. Very strange. :cool:

Any ideas?

Next time, *67.

2. techlord

techlord Active Member

thats some funny shit there
    *awaits reply*

3. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

4. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

GIS for Marcus Fowler:
    [​IMG]

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

looks like Delette...

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Whatcha talking bout Willis?

LOL I was pwned. But in all honesty it was fun and hilarious. I was gonna admit closer to the end but ya'll got off the phone quick. Shame because there's a reason I was asking about a GTR (not yours but one in general). However Matt Ball (when I didn't even know they could tune GTR's) answered all of them and guess who's going to Topspeed for a tune? Yep the real Marcus Fowler.....he was who you heard laughing in the background.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  7. b reel

b reel Active Member

You would think someone in the IT field would have thought this out better.

8. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

telecom. half deaf guy working for a phone company. I can't make this shit up, it practically writes itself

;)

9. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Delette, you are welcome to call our shop anytime. Sometimes we take the interwebs a little too seriously. I can't begin to tell you how many people call us for information or service, while acting a little crazy on the forum. :)

If you wanted info on the GT-R just ask me. I just checked my laptop, and I've tuned 87 R35 GT-R's so far starting back in 2008 when the car first hit USA shores, and two more scheduled for this week. It's safe to say I have more experience tuning GT-R's than almost anyone else in the country.

We are always respectful to people that call us or come to our facility, just like we showed you respect when you visited our shop a couple of months ago.

To answer your questions on the phone:
    Dyno Dynamics Numbers:
    Bone Stock: 380-390whp
    Cobb Custom Tune on stock car: 460whp
    Cobb Custom Tune on Y-Pipe car: 470whp
    Cobb Custom Tune, Y-Pipe, Downpipe, Exhaust: 500whp.
    Cobb Custom Tune, Y-Pipe, Downpipe, Exhaust, Upgraded Actuators: 525whp

Add about 10-15% for typical DynoJet numbers.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'll let Marcus know (yes his real name is Marcus...LOL).

11. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Cool. :)

12. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Sorry... this part still cracks me up.. :keke:

Before and after graph from AMS's Dynojet of the upgraded actuators. Mods on baseline are full exh, downpipes, y-pipe, and custom tune.
    [​IMG]

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yup remember how they say the same for the Mustang dyno? And when you tuned my Subaru it was what 5 hp higher?

14. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (8 members and 0 guests)
    Matt@Topspeed, CoolRex, Doug@TopSpeed, Kokopelli, nsvwrx, sharif@forged, SncYllw, Tray@Forged

Thats a lot of trouble in one thread

15. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Sorry, I am way too busy to post up DJ numbers in the 550-580whp range on stock turbos with the above mods. Keep looking, and you will find plenty of stock GT-R's with DJ numbers in the 420-430 range which is about 10% higher than our dyno.

Good to see you've got that kind of time on your hands.

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Eh it's not that. Difference between taking all day on a tune and getting one done THOROUGHLY and quickly just cause you are 'that' good.

WUT?
    [​IMG]

17. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Your right it is nice to have some free time for a change. Right now my wife is driving and we're headed down to florida for my tuning trip. So yea i have so much free time.

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Pwned.

19. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Great, lemme know when you find the stock DJ dynos, and the modded DJ dynos in the 550whp+ range. :)

20. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

Since when does free time consist of working a full day tuning cars (3) at the shop and then driving to Florida to tune 8 cars....darn all that free time.

21. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Why dont you guys just whip out your junk and see who's the biggest? Then we can call it a day.

22. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

I took a couple minutes while waiting for this Cobb to update. Stock, vs. canned, vs. modded.

[​IMG]

23. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

The blue line on the above graph is the same as the red line on the one Doug posted. I'm not sure what your point is

24. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Keep up Matt. :) Stock GT-R made 447whp on the DJ. Stock GT-R does 380-390whp on our dyno.

25. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Keep up Sharrif, the AMS graph is in STD correction.

26. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Sure thing Doug. STD correction doesn't add 50whp to the dyno. Keep trying... :wiggle: Just sayin.....stock GT-R's are nowhere near 430-440whp on our Dyno. :)

27. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Couldn't find any Uncorrected graphs... but found a few SAE corrected.

Stock with a y-pipe
    425whp SAE
    [​IMG]

Humm here is one that was dyno'd here in the ATL.

Blue is Stock... other runs are with a tune and exh.
    411whp SAE
    [​IMG]

In any event... I have seen it time and time again your dyno doesn't read 10-15% low... hell take the evo that was at your shop getting a tune. It made 490ish on your dyno, then even after I fixed all the problems the car baselined at 503hp on mine. According to your calculations that evo should have made +560hp... hell even more since I fixed what you couldn't.

I am done with your thread, you, and your shop.... back to watching my movie and enjoying my "Time Off"

28. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

Do I still have to play nice?

LOL

29. YES Matt!

Sheesh deeezzz guyzzz

Seriously tho Coolrex...I mean you really didn't think they were going to know your voice? HAHAHA!!

30. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

You win Post of the Day

coolrex=n00b y0

31. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

32. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I really didn't care to be honest as I was digging for info quick and in a hurry.

33. haha...i'm just giving you some shit man :)

34. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Ah I don't want shit man.......put that in some corn flakes.

35. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

You are really amusing Doug. So quick to dismiss my examples of GT-R's on the DJ making 430-440 whp stock, vs. the 380-390whp on our DD.

Great, if you are done with us, then maybe you can stop taking shots at every one of our threads, and act like an adult business owner, instead of a child. That's the funniest part.

36. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Purely informational here but is the rumors true? Is Scott leaving you guys for an engineering job? Are you taking over tuning Subarus there?

37. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

That is correct. He received the opportunity of a lifetime, outside of the automotive performance industry. He did an outstanding job for us here, and I wish him the best. He will still be on board as a consultant, but I will handling all the tuning duties. Nothing new really.....just means I won't be on the phone and forums quite as much. We are interviewing for another Tuner/Manager position to help. As much as I love tuning on the dyno, it's always been a little easier if I can split the tuning duties with another tuner as we have 40 cars in here at a given time.

38. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well I honestly wish him the best in his new career move.

39. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Me too, it's very rare to meet someone of Scott's character. Good people.

40. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

Best of luck to Scott, I'm sure he and the wife will be much happier this way.

41. WJM

WJM Banned

About time! Everyone can get back to normal postings and less drama now. :pssh:

Awesome. Where do I send my resume?

42. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

I'm not really "leaving Forged" so much as spending most of my time at an engineering job. Forged will have full access to my thousands of maps and I will be helping them in any way I can. I have FULL confidence that they will be able to support all of "our" customers at the highest level.

Siegel

43. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

[​IMG]

44. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Seriously.

45. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

LOL............................... Nice job keeping it "Politically correct"

Sharif, when you are done tuning cars just come over here and we can run a few pulls on every one you tune. That way you will have the dynojet chart. I will even come pick them up and bring them back for you.

46. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

That is very generous of you. I will be taking you up in the offer. Are you open saturdays too?

47. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Well, its not that generous, its not for free. :) But unfortunately no Saturdays. Tried that for about 5 years or so. It wasn't worth it.

48. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

How about doing one for free....an easy one. My GT-R. I need to get an independent dyno chart anyways for NASA classification.

49. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

i'm interested - what did it put down on your dyno? Let me know if this happens, I'll head over for the demonstration. Regardless of the hype, the GT-R's are still bad ass cars