Audi A4 Driving Experience

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 07Ltd#767, Sep 5, 2008.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Jeb and I did this today and wow - The new A4 is badass :bowdown::bowdown:

It was at AMS today and after listening to some spiel about some guy going to town on Audi :gaysex:, we got to take the cars on the track. Session one was an Auto-X course (sorta) set up in the infield of AMS. We got to drive (and I mean, actually drive) the new 3.2 Quattro, along w/ a Merc C300, Lexus IS250 and BMW 3.28xi (all all-wheel drive versions). Granted, the Audi automatically has the upper hand w/ the biggest engine, but wow...everything about that car beat the others. The interior was WAY nicer than the others (except the Lexus A/C'd seats), the steering was way more responsive, better throttle response, braking, everything.

On a side note, I was really unimpressed w/ the Merc...I always loved the E55 and now E63 AMG, but damn that thing felt like a pig...it rolled extremely bad and had awful responses around the board.

Take two - and this is the best part - we got to follow an S5 around the actual AMS track and on the road course in the middle :ddirty::ddirty:. We actually got to drive the damn thing, too, and wow was it good :drool: On the back stretch we got up around 90 mph, and we took some of the turns so violently you could feel the car starting to drift. Props to the Quattro system, it would let the car slip, but at high speed, I felt absolutely no over / understeer.

All in all, props to Audi...the next time I get an invite (this one was short notice), I'll let everybody know so you can join us. They put on a great event, one so good I would actually consider buying the new A4 as my next car. The event is going on all weekend, but it filled up weeks ago. If any of you guys are lucky enough to have gotten in, let us know what you think.

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Was this the thing they were talking about on the radio? I've been hearing something about an Audi event where they were letting people drive the R8's around the track.

I think its a different date though and I plan on trying to get invited

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

I got to do the audi driving experience once FTMFT!!!!!

:bowdown:

4. 07Ltd#767

No, that one is Monday / Tuesday and is $595...screw that

This one was free, but was unadvertised. As far as I know it was invite only, but friends were welcome to come.

Truly awesome

5. 2thAche

2thAche Member

I love Audis. They've always been very track-involved as a company. I would love an RS4 if it could lose 500 pounds or so.

6. 07Ltd#767

We didn't get to drive (tho it looked sick), but sitting in it felt like I was sitting in a giant refrigerator. You sit really high up off the ground and the seats are even worse than the STi's as far as lateral support. I test drove a passat and it really reminded me of sitting behind that steering wheel.

It's still badass, tho :drool:

7. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

See my thread about this too. I had a blast. In fact, I had so much fun in the 8am session this morning. I went back for the 3pm session with some friends. I also got to flog an A8 which was way fun!
    I agree, that new A4 is a great car though.

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

Oh hell, I'm so glad I read this. I'm actually scheduled to do it tomorrow morning. I had completely forgotten until I saw this. Haha thanks! Now if only I had seen it earlier than 4 AM the night before (when I'm scheduled to do this at 8) :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  9. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I scheduled at 9:30 today! ha

10. 07Ltd#767

When another one of these comes to town, one of us needs to post about it in the G2G section. This would be a great meet for us, one where we get to rag the hell outta cars that aren't ours :D

11. Deke

Deke Active Member

And son of a bitch. Wouldn't you know it that for some reason my alarm clock was set to only ring monday-friday, so I ended up sleeping until 11. Bummer