autogeek.net cleaning stuff

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Mad Mallard, May 13, 2009.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

they claim to have a pretty aggressive price match/beat policy.

gonna test it now. will rept later.

2. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

good experiences with them. ordered stuff in the past

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That's who I get most my car care stuff from.

4. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

Well, I went price comparing for a couple minutes before building an order with them, and I found the Meguiars online store itself had a better price.

I emailed them (autogeek), and it took them more than a day to reply, but they said that they would beat even that price in their email.

I made a cart with the headlight kit and with the interior detailer, but I ran into a deal breaker when the shipping calculator launched.

The cheapest shipping option for these two items was $11 -_-

Conclusion:

Website: positive. There's lots of cross-linking which pads the website to look bigger than it is, but the narrative is clear, both in education, and in product description

customer service: neutral. They replied to my email and answered the question I asked clearly, but it took more than a full 24 hours to do so (that really irks me in this day and age). Also, their answer to get the price match was to simply leave a link to the better price online in the checkout comment box after you already gave your payment info. I have no reason to believe they wouldn't charge me the competitive price, but that kind of handling made me uncomfortable.

price: positive. Like I said, they were very clear about even beating the manufacturers direct website on price, no beating around the bush there.

Shipping: neutral. they offer lots of options, but at $11 for 2 lightweight items, it simply cancels out their best price benefit. If you ordered higher ticket items (like machinery), the shipping may not be an issue with the pricing, but for smaller orders it was not a good deal.

-----

I didnt buy from them. I ended up going to Amazon, of all places. They had both items cheaper, and their free shipping applied, but even if it didn't, their shipping fee was around 6$ for the same service.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009