Autumn Themed Header Graphic

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by Alex, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Decided we needed a little bit more color for this autumn now that the trees are changing and leaves are dropping.

Thoughts, Opinions, Comments?

Since I was unable to contact the original owner of this photo, I'd though I would just post a link to the original, here. I made a "few slight" changes to reflect my own personal aesthetic preferences.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2005
  2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Nice!!!!

3. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i like it alot. so when winter hits are we gonna have a snow filled pic w/ suby? i like the idea. also we still need a huge banner for the wide screen version. the only reason i dont use the wide screen is cause it looks so plain without a header! good job alex!!!

4. Goose013

Goose013 Member

ooooh, getting fancy ;)

5. blink

blink Member

Been meaning to talk to you about the banner alex, i work at a media firm, inwhich we do logo design.. One day while reading the forums our art director came in and saw the the logo of WRXatlanta.com, and asked if i would like one designed for free, why not. So whenever he finishes it, i'll send it along to you for your opinions.

6. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

me likey

7. blink

blink Member

oh yeah i do like the fall banner.

8. jt money

so i just saw that pic of the original. and you ps it right. i like alot what youve done to the pic. youve come along way. ;) i see cleared lights, removed pink i emblum, no stickers on fog panal, rims more gold, leaves not as brown. nice work! :bigthumb:

9. Alex

As for the car, I "upgraded" the following to personal taste: Wheels went from prodrive's brazen bronze to my personal favorite bronze/gold; The car was lowered to my standard; the lights were cleared; the car was tinted to my perference; sti emblem was removed; sti on fog flights went from pink to a light silver (upcoming "mod" for me as well). Oh, I forgot about this, but I also tinted the rear tail light ever so slightly. Ultimately, I added my favorite aesthetic mods which I will at one point do myself.

As for the scenary, I felt the image was dull and lacked the actual colors of autumn. So, in went the brown, the oranges and the reds, out went the overall dullness. The leaves where sharpend ever so slightly as was the body of the car.

As for the logo, some of you may recognize it from the photoshop with the pills I did for this week's contest. I tried to give it an autumn feel with the colors and go for a slight "retro" appeal for the look.

Finally, Blink, Milo told me how you approached him at the Dyno day with this idea. I am more than open to suggestions and am curious to see what your design team is cappable of. I appreciate your enthusiasm and am eager to see your idea(s).

Cheers,

10. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Me likey also!

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

blink: i forgot to get back to u on that... sorry... just been real busy and it completely slipped my mind

12. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Alex nice PS work bro!!!! those changes are quite subtle and very believable... :bigthumb:

13. Alex

that's what Im good at :cool:

14. jt money

alright so autumn is over when do we get a lofting suby snow drifting for a banner for winter?!?;)

15. Alex

I'm working on it! :)

16. I wish i could use PS i got the thing but cant use it to save my life. But i like it.