Bad 03 Cobra Wreck at Jackson Last Night

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BigBoosting, Dec 3, 2005.

1. BigBoosting

BigBoosting Member

Not sure if any of you guys ever go to Jackson (Carolina Dragway) but there was a huge crash there last night. My friend with a 02 WRX was racing this 03 Cobra when the Cobra hit the wall and flipped end-over-end 3 times. It was horrible. Guy in the 02 WRX didn't get a good launch that time...so he's lucky he wasn't right there with the guy. Guy in the WRX was at 96 when the Cobra hit the wall, so the Cobra had to of been going well over 110.

[​IMG]

More pics: http://www.bigboosting.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9255

The one racing the guy is the WRX without the front lip. I'm the one with the front lip.

2. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

what about the guy in the cobra? how is he?

3. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

wow...thats incredible

4. BigBoosting

BigBoosting Member

The guy in the tan jacket is a friend of mine and an EMT. He got to him first and said that the guy's hip and arm are probably broken and he was bleeding from his head. I think it could have been a lot worse. The engine bay was like 2 feet long

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

man i hope he is ok!

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

How did it happen? I've always thought running the 1/4 was fairly safe.... I would think the only crash would be at the start from spinning out... glad he's ok....

7. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

It is definitely safer than racing on the street, but it's not 100% safe either... take a powerful RWD car and it can lose traction pretty easily when shifting at a fair pace, and if you slide across the track into the wall at speed it'll do some serious damage.

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

And yet another reason to drive a WRX.... AWD!!!!