Bad accident today on I-85 Buford

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ShaneSTI, Sep 24, 2006.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

Maria and I were on our way up to Buford to see my parents. We were about 3 miles before Hamilton Mills Exit heading north I-85. On the southside between Hamilton Mills and Mall of Ga exit was a bad wreck between 3 cars and a semi. One car looked like it was obliterated. I hope everyone made it out okay in that accident. They completely shut down I-85 south too...dtk for how long though. Anyone see it too? Know the details on it?

nevermind...here is the story:( i pray for the family in that corolla. http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2006/09/23/0924metwreck.html

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  2. That happened just a few hours after I got off of shift up there. IIRC it was more like 6 vehicles involved and 10 patients, 1 fatal, 3-4 critical. Horrible wreck, all but 1 NB lane shut down for 2-3 hrs. Lots of prayers to all those involved.......

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

that is horrible

4. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Very sad.

5. jayj713

jayj713 Member

saw quite a few wrecks today too. On the way home from 675, saw at least 3 wrecks when it was raining but, none looked serious, luckily.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Unfortunate, best of luck :(

7. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

wow, hope for the best

8. CHEMSOLDIER27

CHEMSOLDIER27 Member

Just goes to show that the roads are dangerous and no matter how alert you are driving the other people might not be. Be safe out there SUBIES and everyone else.:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: