bad day to be surfing...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by feelthebreak, May 6, 2005.

1. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea..that happened to me a few times when i lived in florida..i had a shark pop up not 5 feet from me..it is truely a scary feeling..!!

3. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

oh yea? i`ve been far out from the beach down in florida before and had waves full of fish come crashing down on me but never a shark. i would god damn freak out. i hate the fuggin ocean.

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea after that i pretty much only go out up to my waist..even that is deep enough for a shark though

5. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Woosies! I surfed for 13 years prior to moving to this oceanless waste we call Atlanta. Sharks are faaaaaaaar less dangerous than car crashes and usually, if bitten by one, you're left in less pain than from a car accident injury. I have surfed from Florida to Virginia on the east coast and in the famous blood triangle off of Californias Central-Northern Coast. There is really nothing like surfing and the ocean to me. I haven't done a track event yet, but I imagine that would be the closest thing. Surfing truly big waves = far more adrenaline than skydiving....

6. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Never surfed, but i agree on sky diving not being that big of an adrenaline rush. If your scared off your ass maybe, but i fully expected the chute to open and bring me down safely, so i just enjoyed the ride(and the flips and spins). My grandparents and parents have owned a beach house in destin since the 60's yet ive never surfed(waves in destin are not ideal for surfiing), however...im a pretty decent skim boarder. Down Hill mountain biking has my 1st prize for adrenaline pumping butt puckore sport.

I agree with Belvn, not afraid of a shark attack(although it would suck). Been in the water with them before, but they've always been beneath me (the water used to be clear enough to see 20 feet down in the bay by Destin bridge and Crab island, the resent hurricanes have changed that:( ).

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Thats a dolphin...this was a huge debate a year ago in the intaaarnet :cool:

Ive been snorklin down in the caribbean and was just hovering like 20 ft above a shark, watching it dart in and out around a reef. It was damn cool.

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

When you are talking about skydiving, are you are referring to the "I have never skydived before, tandem jumps" or a standard free fall. If I were to ever skydive, which I would love to try, I would want to do a HALO jump, but they would never let me. That is where the adrenaline is.

9. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

When sky diving, you cant go by yourself the first time. You have to get licensced to do that. You have to do atleast 3 tadem jumps and some other crap that i dont remember. I am refering to my tadem jump...was not as crazy and adrenaline pumping as i had hoped so i did not pursue it further.

10. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

thats what i thought.

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

ive been diving and was 6 feet away from an 8 foot leopard shark... they wont bother u unless provoked... then again, the only times they attack surfers is when the mistake them for seals

12. married05gt

married05gt starting over

Fuck surfing that is a big ass fish with about 300 teeth and your in his back yard.