Bad Headlights?? or electronic problem...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by blustreak, May 12, 2006.

1. blustreak

blustreak New Member

There is something wrong with our STi headlights. When you turn on the headlights, the right side bright light comes on and SOG cannot find the problem. This really started when we bought the car. Sometimes it works fine like it should then that bright light comes on ramdomly. I hope its not gonna huge deal. :sx: The car has been there for a day and a half now and is still there. One of the service guys called me today and asked me if we sprayed the engine or something??? Nope. I don't know exactly why they would ask me that. This sucks. We hardly ever drove it or did anything to it.

Sorry, didn't know exactly where to post this....

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

sounds like an electrical short to me

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah when the passenger headlight kicks to bright, the driver side light turns off completely. it's also intermitant, so i was thinking a short or a bad ground? and yeah the car has done that since we bought it. just have't been around until now a year and a half later to take it in.lol

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

who at SOG looked at ur car?

5. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

dunno...i'll ask Maria to ask. then edit this and post it up. it's still there and they don't know.hmm

edit* just talked to steve in service and turns out to be a bad relay and a bad module. parts are in order and car should be done by Monday afternoon. thanks Milo for your help! *big ups Ali G*

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  6. suby113

suby113 Member

What's Steves last name? If i might ask!

7. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

^you got me bro. anybody? anybody? bueller?

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

no problem... glad they r gettin it taken care of :)