Be glad we live in ga

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by rolling_trip, Jul 11, 2005.

1. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah apparently one of my friends had his civic hatchback crushed in Cali... :eek:hnoes: how traumatic

3. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Little harsh :hsnono: , but i did find it funny that they just use a big steel plate and drop it on the car. :ugh: Although, it probably wouldn't be so funny if that were my car underneath it. It's a huge problem in CA though. I've seen people racing on just about every major street back home in the 3 years i was driving there. Maybe this will slow that down. They've even got a site (www.bakersfieldstreetracing.com) but it looks like they're slowly shifting to actual tracks and drag strips. :wiggle:

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

What they need to do is make the person who owns the car watch as they beat it with Baseball bats and then drop the steel plate on it when their arms get tired. That would just add insult to injury. Imagine the Humilitaion (?Spelling) of watching helplessly as a group of people bash your pride and joy car into a oil dripping mess. BTW, I thought I read in magazine somewhere that somewhere in Cali they have that Beat the Heat thing where they block off a road for street racing weekly. It is patroled by police and they condone it, since it is organized and off regular streets where there can be accidents with innocent drivers.

5. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

it wouldn't surprise me. A lot of CA areas have 4-8 lanes (divided with medians) that are just outside of town. usually they're good for a 1/4 to 1 mile range. Besides, cops like going fast too ;-) That's a good way to do it, especially in places where there isn't a drag strip or track nearby.

6. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

they could not legally destroy a car unless it was paid for, until u have the title in hand a car is not urs

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I hate to be the one who says it but....California is stewpid. Remarkably, this doesnt surprise me coming from them.

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Well, it's full of dirty hippies.. what'd ya expect??? :rofl:

9. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

lol. and oh so true =) Bakersfield consists of oil companies and is undoubtedly the "conservative conclave" for Californis. At one point, the DNC in San Francisco issued letters to its members encouraging them to move to Bakersfield to diminish the Republican vote and "take back the valley." I thought it was funny, and a little sad too.