Benfield wellness plan's - animals

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by techlord, Aug 4, 2012.

1. techlord

techlord Active Member

Just picked up an 8wk old Australian shepherd mix and was looking into the wellness plans offered at PetSmart via Benfield.

Looks like it would be a great deal since she is a puppy and would need many vaccinations and eventual spay.

looking for anyone's experiences/opinions.

here's a pic of the cutie:
    [​IMG]

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

usually young vets, good for your standard fair but not where I'd go if needing something specialized.

3. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^^
    I SAID, "someone with first hand experience!" LOL

come get your port replicator. I need the money to buy cleaner. Piss is fucking everywhere!!!

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

I get a bulk rate discount, 8 dogs so yes I have experience with Banfield when it comes to vaccinations.

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

and tell Ricky to stop following the dog and marking his territory.

6. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

The benefit plans are awesome. We recently got over $800 of xrays teeth cleaning and medication for about $39. My rottie just turn 9 I wish we got the plan when she was a pup. I got the senior plan with benefield/petsmart.

7. Coldcat83

Coldcat83 Member

Cute dog, we had banfield for our last two dogs and it worked out pretty well when you have the higher plans but it all comes down to what you will need to have done to a puppy. How much everything will cost up front without it and how much it cost per month. Their regular plans (cheaper) usually only cover a once a year check up and everything that comes with that usually about $150-$200 for that and iirc you only pay $50 for that and at the time it was $10 a month so about the same price. It all depends on you and where you sit financially and if you would rather pay all at once or a little every month. There are somethings that their plan does not cover so read the plans thoroughly before making your decision. Sorry for the long reply and I hope this helps.

8. techlord

techlord Active Member

Thanks for the replies. Yes I do believe it will be worth it for the first year. I will have to read the fine print although if it covers the spay as they stated that alone would cover the cost.

9. Coldcat83

Coldcat83 Member

On top of what I already said their top plans are a good deal my wife had them remove about 6K in cysts from my male boxer when he was 4 and we only paid 1K of the price but I think we had to carry that plan for a certain amount of time lol. They def get their money's worth which is understandable. I do remember axing the plan because they tried adding extra charges to one of our yearly check ups because even though they made the appointment for our dogs it hadn't been a year I think a couple months shy and didn't tell us until after the appt was over but that was in Cali not Georgia. I am not bashing them just warning to be careful with them just like any good deal it has it's draw backs!

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

cute dog, im looking to get a dog (probably adopt one) soon, so i'll be looking into this too, as i wont have the $$ to fork over for issues

11. b reel

b reel Active Member

it's like any other health insurance plan, just for dogs and as always read the fine print.

12. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Have been using the wellness plan for over 10 yrs. Can't beat it as far as cost, it has paid for itself many times over.