Best V-day gift ever!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Intrigue2727, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

My girlfriend went up to SOG and talked to SS and got me the track day down at talladega gran prix i can't wait!!

I guess I need sway bars, so which ones and what size?

2. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Very cool! You'll love it. I've done 2 of Scott's schools...great times. You don't NEED bigger sways, in my opinion, unless you really want to drop the cash. I did my first school in my '03 WRX with stock bars. Learning to drive FTW.

3. heathbar

heathbar Member

that's a badass present, must be a cool girl.

4. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

she is a keeper

5. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

That's awesome bro!!

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Congrats... does she have any sisters? :D

What I would strongly recommend before going to the track is a brake service:

1) Do a full system flush with a high temp brake fluid. I use either ATE superblue or silkolene race 2000.
    2) Upgrade your pads if possible. Stopping faster > Accelerating faster in my opinion ;)

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Milo do you simple flush each brake starting at the rear until the blue fluid comes out? I need drain out my stock brake fluid and put something better in. Also when I do this how many containers of ATE will I need? The fiancee will be pumping the brake pedal while I am bleeding all of this out FYI.

8. Greg

Greg Active Member

I have whiteline 27mm front and 24mm rear (medium) and I absolutely love them!

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Yes... but make sure you go in this order:
    [​IMG]

1 liter (1 can) for a full flush, but I would get 2 liters just to be safe

Some advice

Make sure the reservoir doesn't run dry or you will have to flush the air out of the system. This is a real pain in the ass. I know because it has happened to me. You are less likely to make this mistake if you have a third person topping off the fluid in the reservoir.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks. Back on subject.....dude that is an awesome gift. I still need to get a class in with SS.

11. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

definitely focus on the brakes. a must. nothing kills track-high like brake-fade.

if you really want bars, i think it's 24 front and 27 rear. heavier rear endlinks are an inevitability (i hear the stockers like to brake, but i've heard otherwise, too)

i've been using whitelines for a few years, can't complain.

learning your car at the limit is worth more than any bolt-on or tune can give you ;)

and congrats on the girl and the gift. my wife got me car goodies last year too. and is ridiculously understanding of my irrational desire to put myself in more danger than necessary. hold on to those types ;)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Awesome, you'll have a blast :D

13. Deke

Deke Active Member

great gift!....and girlfriend!

14. Demo24

Demo24 Member

I went with 22dj front and 22adj rear. I've heard that it's nice to keep them equal, but I suppose it all depends on what the driver prefers. Still that upgrade was quite nice, pretty noticeable once you start to push it.

15. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

+17

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

SS told me 27-29 adj front and 20-24 adj rear for sways.