Bill Heard false hopes?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sparta, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I just checked my mail and recieved a flyer from Bill Heard Chevy in Buford about their SUPER SALE. The flyer has a winning number on it and a scratch off patch. Well, just for shits and giggles I scratched it off and hey what do you know, it matches the winning number! Also on the flyer it says that "if you are the addressee (which is me) and you match the winning number, you are guaranteed one of the prizes to the left."

and to the left they have a list of 5 prizes: a Honda TRX 700xx four-wheeler, 65" lcd flat screen, 5 state lotto tickets, AND $100 cash.

Has anyone recieved this flyer AND scratched off to reveal the winning numbers? I'd like to know before I drive out to Buford tomorrow morning to redeem my prize~

2. Caffeinated

Caffeinated Member

I would imagine that everyone at least wins the 5 state lotto tickets.

3. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

My guess would be five dollars worth of scratch-offs for everybody. Maybe you can win some REAL money off those. One in a Million but maybe.

4. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

give the letter to me Ill find out for you ;)

5. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I would but its gotta be the person it was addressed to with proof and residency. So'rry bud:hsnono:

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I got something like that, but not from Bill Heard. It had a disclaimer on the back in ultra fine print that said that you have to scratch the thing off in front of them or the ticket is void. I never planned on going in so I scratched it off at home and got the same thing, a winner.

Thats awesome if it is real and you win a prize. Sucks if it is just some dumb scam to get you on their site so they can pressure you into buying a Chevy.

8. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

congrats you win a brand newish mostly used Chevy Aveo after you trade in your car,Ej25 and sign your life away

:rofl:

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

haha yea, I wont even bother sell the motor and just give it to them :rofl: I dont think im gonna go.

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

we get those things on a weekley basis down here. i think how it works is that you've only won the CHANCE to get one of those prizes. you go up there and they put your name in a drawing with everyone else who got one. then you may or may not win some lottery tickets, or whatever else they have.

11. FACE

FACE Active Member

I think thats what you call a legal scam...