Billiards?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jayj713, Jun 3, 2006.

1. jayj713

jayj713 Member

So. Recently I've been getting addicted to pool. I don't have a pool table but I play at my friend's house all the time. And he has a few walmart cues but now we're like, "Larry! (my friend) you need to get new pool sticks!" Because his cues right now are pretty beat up and they have those plastic caps on the tips instead of wood or anything. And Larry is... pretty well off, financially, so he's going to get a few sticks. Now, we just need help deciding what kind of cues to get. I read around the internet and I saw a few recommendations for the Fury NR series: http://www.cuesight.com/pool-cues-fury-nr-series.html

Just wanted to know what you guys thought and if there are any good cheap sticks for us. We're not bad but not exactly good. $150ish price range.

2. flip

flip Member

I'm interested in the same thing. I have a pool table and crappy cues as well...

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

and also if anyone knows of any cool billiards places in gwinnett. maria and i have been known to play a lot ourselves, but strictly for fun.

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I feel a pool G2G coming on.... I nominate a pool hall called "Billiards" across from my apt on Northridge/Roswell... decent prices/tables.. If not there then the North River Tavern(formerly taco mac..yes the wings are still the same) has pool tables and much nicer scenery...

5. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

^^^pool n wings...i'm THERE!

6. Pool Room on pleasant hill right in front of willd bills. there's another location in marietta as well on roswell rd that we often go since my buddies play in a league every tuesday nite. ;)

7. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Heh. Yeah, that place is right across from my neighborhood. You live in the AMLI apts? I guess they are called something else now, Spring something?

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yep, I live in the 3300 building... Theres a dude with a wrb 02' that lives above me and a black 2.5rs around the corner. I'm down to go to billiards or north river tavern any time... weekends would be better this month, I'm off Friday-Sundays..