Black Bugeye Progress Pics

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by truegiant, Nov 26, 2007.

1. truegiant

truegiant Member

Well some of you might have seen my newbie thread about two months ago or so. I had just gotten back from Iraq and bought this 2002. Here are some pics from what it did look like and now. When I got it, it was pretty much stock except for a cut grill, stainless braided brake lines, Prodrive wing, uppipe and downpipe. Since then I have installed:

JIC Fully Adjustable Coilovers
    17" BBS Gold Wheels
    3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    STI Top Mount Intercooler
    STI VF39 Turbo
    Perrin Intercooler Kit
    Perrin Turbo Inlet
    Burschur Racing Intake
    STI Pink Injectors
    Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
    ATI Gauge Cluster
    Boost/Oil Pressure Gauges
    WINGLESS!
    And Had Scott at Topspeed tune the car with ECUTEK and 19lbs...

It is def. a nice car. I enjoy driving it far better than my civic. Well.. dont comment on that last one. Traction is nice! Enough said. I am def. addicted to the madness now. The car is where i want it for power right now because I want to get it as close to cosmetic perfection before i drop money on a block and turbo upgrade.

Future Plans:
    Larger Hood Scoop
    Sway Bars
    Hella Horns
    Shave the trunk lid and spray the front bumper and side skirts.

Other than that I appreciate all who looked! Thanks again to those of you who have helped so far with this build and purchasing some of my old parts!

I have more pics from start to finish but for some reason I cannot upload them. If there is a moderator who can send me there email address I will be more than happy to send them some pics so I can show all of them. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  2. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Beautiful Bugeye! What were the final numbers after the tune?

3. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

looks great!!

4. truegiant

truegiant Member

well..

Well about that... It was getting late and my bill was getting expensive.. He did a road tune.. He guestimated around 275 whp/ 300whtq... Scott can comment on this if he wishes!

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

Nice bugeye John, and nice meeting you. Check out photobucket it is free and will host your pictures simply paste the links.

6. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Nice bugeye! The VF39 is fun...

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Supporting members have access to the exclusive WRXAtlanta.com image hosting. If you would like to become a supporting member please visit the link in my signature.

Your project looks like it is coming along nice :)

8. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Car looks good. Gotta love the bugeye's..

9. Beautiful bugeye buddy!

10. RUTSPEED

RUTSPEED Member

My extra wheels look great on there man...thanks again. Nice meeting you

11. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I need some of those rims as well..