Black Donnellys

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by Deke, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

I guess this is the right place.

Has anyone else been watching this show? It just started a few weeks ago, but I've caught all three episodes so far and I'm really liking it. The basic plot follows four Irish brothers in NYC that are invloved in the mob. It definitely has a Sopranos feel but I'm finding the charcters to be much easier to care about. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it. If not, you ought to check it out, comes on Monday nights at 10 on NBC. I also believe that they have the full episodes thus far on NBC.com

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  2. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I have been meaning to check it out. Must TiVo it and catch up.

3. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Awsome show, I already hate the Jimmy charachter. what an ass he's going to get his brothers killed.

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah he is an ass. You recognize the actor? :)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I like it thus far.

6. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

I am just sick of all the "gangster" shows. I tried to watch it but I couldnt get into it. I really only have enough time to watch one series anyways and that would be Heroes. I still DVR Lost but have not watched it in a while.

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

is one of the guys from heros in this?

8. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

No why ?? who is he ??

9. Deke

Deke Active Member

He's Smalls, the main/narrational character, from "The Sandlot." Haha, the first time I saw the show I knew he looked familiar, so I IMDBed it, and sure enough.

10. Deke

Deke Active Member

So...big thread bump, but has anyone else been keeping up with this show? NBC lamed out and started only broadcasting it online. I've been searching and it looks like a few different networks are looking to pick it up next year (primarily HBO, FX, and TNT it seems). Hopefully one of them can keep this show alive after the shitastic job NBC did with it. I'm pretty sure NBC wrote it off before it even began.

But yeah, anyways the season finale was this week. It was good, but definitely left a whole lot to be desired, like a second season.

If you haven't seen any of the shows or wondered why they stopped coming on TV, check out http://www.nbc.com/The_Black_Donnellys/
    You can watch the entire, amazing season on there.

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  11. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Heroes is the only show I have time for. I tried to watch it but couldn't really get into it.