black friday

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mad Mallard, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

anyone going out on black friday morning?

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I might.. the past couple years I've been successful in getting on Lowe's website and ordering the black friday deals a few minutes after midnight. It's great to walk in there around noon when everything's long gone and get my in-store pickup... usually they have smokin' deals on 4D Maglites, so I got a handful for $7/ea.

Other than that... probably not. I tend to stay up way late the night before after thanksgiving dinner, watching movies and boozing it up. 6AM ain't happening. :)

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

probably not for me... unless one of the big clutch companies has a black friday sale :D

4. cb7stim3

cb7stim3 Member

thanksgiving day friday??

hell no...............imma practice sitting on the crapper with turkey in me
    so that night im okay, cause it take 24-30 hours to digest you know?

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6. Mad Mallard

7. Uh...What is Black Friday?

8. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

black friday at work = death...........i am not looking forward to it.

9. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Black Friday is the day after thanksgiving. Generally, retailers have some pretty smokin' deals, but very limited quantities.. for instance, Wal-Mart might have a $89 27" TV but only ten of them in a given store. People line up all around the stores in hope to get one of the specially priced items. Lots of other stuff is on deep discount sale, too.

The name "Black Friday" is generally believed to come from retailers being "in the black" (as in making profit) for the year on that day. It's referred to as the busiest shopping day of the year, but it's really not...

10. Mad Mallard

it is the busiest in the sense of foot traffic, but not in volume no, thats the last saturday before Christmas.

Back in 1996 when I was at CC, we (sales people) started calling it Black Friday because it was a depressing day to expect. Everyone had doubles, there was only 1/2 hour lunches, you were going to sit down for maybe 10 minutes that day, it would be crowded, noisey, and generally apocolyptic. It sure had nothing to do with getting out of the red to us when we called it Black Friday.

11. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

CC = Circuit City?

I used to work at Computer City; luckily I didn't have to do any early morning Black Friday shift. I'd roll in around 11 and stand around disappointing people who were angry that the 6AM doorbuster special wasn't available five hours later.

12. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i live at mall of ga.... so there is a snowballs chance in hell i even leave the house.

13. CROSSeyed

CROSSeyed Member

I have not yet seen a deal worth leaving the house for (I really haven't seen a deal worth going out for since 2001??). Its gonna take something really good for really cheap to make me brave the crowds.