Blue Ridge

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by sti-mike, Feb 26, 2007.

1. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

I finally cracked, I'm more then over due for A weekend getaway. I always loved fishing, camping, hiking, etc.... My wife is not fond of the whole tent and sleeping bag thing. So I rented a cabin up in Blue Ridge. Anyone ever been ??? Know of any good places to eat ??? I used to camp all of the time with my dad but that was in California. Some input would be greatly apprecaited thanx :) BTW it is right on the Fighterton river..

2. Deke

Deke Active Member

Me and some friends rented a Cabin up there for the week surrounding New Years a couple of years ago. It's a really pretty place. As for places to eat, we never really ate out, but it seemed mainly like there were just mom and pop places. We had a guy that loves cooking with us, so he took care of our food :)

But yeah it's beautiful up there, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

3. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

I'll cook but one out of the 4 nights we're there well probably go out to eat.

4. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Also are there any fun roads up there ???

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

I'm sure there are. Unfortunately, I was riding with a friend in his blazer, so I didn't really get a chance to explore.

6. 52 and 53 are pretty nice. The best part is 52 going west out of ellijay esp when you get up near and past fort mountain.

7. jason

jason Member

60 runs from Blue ridge over to Suches. Thats the way I go up to Suches.

8. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Thanx for the suggestions guys I'm just now learning that my wife wants to take the dog. I don't want to put a lab in the back of my STi, not good for the seats.

9. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Not to bump my thread but has no one been to blue ridge.. I was hopeing for some more info. also do you need a fishing license to fish in GA ???

10. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

11. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

thanx...