BMW 135i

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Just wondering what everyones take is on them?

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'd rock one for a daily.

3. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

I think they are pretty sick. Lightly modified they are 400hp. Check out on Time Attack forums "Berk Technology" So hot.

4. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I think they are super hot and wish it was practical for me to drive one. I got a ride in TC Kline's 135. They are sick lightly modified.

5. Jake

Jake Active Member

they are TT coupes correct? i think that answers your question....

absofreakinlutely

6. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

There was one at the Dyno day and I cant remeber what it put down it was over 300. But it looked good in black with the red interior

7. onemoresti

onemoresti Member

[​IMG]

"Cute" is usually what I use to describe them in stock form.:) Basically the same as 335i only a little lighter right? Capable of 380whp from a only a reflash...pretty good.

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'd rock one over the GT2 ;)

9. Ha! Now thats funny.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I have my reason's ;) Cost is a big one ;)

11. Yeah, I totally know what you mean, but after you drive Pepper "The GT2" around for a few days she is all you want to drive. ESPECIALLY if your a single dude like me....thats all i'm gonna say

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Heh married, wifey that hates fast cars, and soon to have some youngins here ;)

13. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

haha, Cicio. I saw you out that night... ;)

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Was he pulling the chicks ;) Hahahaha

Dougie boy if you get stains all in your seats I think we know where they may be from. Hahahahahaha

15. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

besides the lack of a lsd, the car is awesome with performance 6 potbrakes from brembo, i would take it over the 335

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

^^^Straight up pimping.

17. Jake

Jake Active Member

i'd take that one^^^ in a heartbeat as is

18. Haha, leather cleans up nicely, and he couldn't get mad anyway, its TopSpeed's car ;)

19. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Indeed it does......one thing I loved about my old leather seats in my Honda.

20. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I think the 335i is waaaaay sexier. Since the 1 is not much lighter or cheaper I would take the 3 over the 1 all day every day.

21. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I think they are overpriced and have a funny greenhouse shape but they have potential. Doug, you might find the interior cramped, just sayin...

22. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Not a big fan, they aren't bad but its not what I would buy

23. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

and not as powerful as some are saying. At the BG dyno day, a stock 135 was around 250, one w/ exhaust and chip put down 360

24. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

I don't really like them stock, but they can be made into awesome cars.

25. tolnep

tolnep Member

the scarry thing about the 135 and 335 is that they are easy to mod up with a chip for more HP. but if you have a warranty issue, BMW is gonna ask for at least one of your kidneys.

26. Jake

Jake Active Member

so are we to assume you bought one?

27. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

I can't get over the funny boomerang line on the side skirt/door surface. That line should have been straight and angular. Other than that, I really like the car, and should be fast on track once people start dialing them in.

28. Meredith

Meredith Banned

No lsd... what's the purpose of giving a car more power if there is no 'real' LSD in the car to put it down. The also has no negative camber stock... blah. I'd go for the new Genesis R-Spec coupe instead and have a big chunk of change left over versus a new 135i.

29. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Not too bad for bone stock.... wonder what she will do with a custom TopSpeed Tune.

30. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Its easy to just stick a quaife diff in there... and the bottom end on the Genesis will need to be built for anything over 350whp.

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Holy crap that tune looks like it could use a LOT of smoothing out. That tq curve is choppy.

And why does the hp curve take a dive bomb after 5700ish?

So Doug does TS have another shop car?

32. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Stock ecu starts lowering boost and cutting throttle in high rpms.. and yeah the tune needs some work to be nice and smooth.

33. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I thought the silly e-diff was welded into the 6mt 135i...

34. Doug@DBW Motorsports

The ring gear is welded... but any good machine shop can remove it and redrill the ring gear to accept the aftermarket lsd.

35. Jake

Jake Active Member

there was a pic on his facebook.......

36. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

stalker lol

37. Doug@DBW Motorsports

haha

38. Jake

Jake Active Member

hey, my stalkerfeed (i mean news feed) pops up on the main page just like everyone elses

39. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

not mine. I fixed it to just show status updates.

40. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah mine just shows status updates and picture uploads. none of those stupid games, or friend adding craps

41. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Just wanted to make a post in here... Today is my first day getting to play around with our new software for tuning all BMW 135's, 335's... etc. Let me say... the suby and evo tuners have it so easy compared to this. There is no live tuning, no good explanation for any of the maps... which most you have to find yourself. Oh.... and the clincher is it takes 45mins to reprogram the ecu.

So it goes like this.. pull the raw ECU file off the ecu +55mins. Search for maps and tables in that file +30hrs. Then make small changes to verify its doing what you expected +45mins to reflash.

Then keep repeating the 45min reflash for every change you make on the dyno. Needless to say I am super glad we have a 135i shop car sitting here. As I will prolly have hundreds of hours into developing the staged reflashes for it.

Just nutty... Thank god I am some what quick at what I do.

The Porsche stuff on the other hand only takes about 1-2mins to reprogram the entire ecu.

42. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

so what do you e$timate for a stg1 base map uploaded to a bmw 335 ?

43. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That is nutty Doug. How is the car responding to tunes though?

44. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

new N55 with twinscroll single turbo rolling out for 135, any thoughts or speculations compared to the twins setup?

45. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Not sure on pricing yet, the gains from just an ecu tune are huge. Best thing is its not some piggy back tricking the ecu, so the car drives perfect and boost vs throttle response is perfect.

From everything I have read the new twin scroll single turbo is going to have the ability to make less power then the twins, because it overall size isn't very large.

No numbers yet... still playing around. But when we do start selling the TopSpeed staged Ecu tunes you will only need to bring or mail us the ecu since we now have a very pimpy bench flashing machine.

46. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Pimpy... new toys.. [​IMG]

47. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Very pimpy. You make that yourself?

I can't believe it takes 45 minutes to flash.....is the ROM just slow or what?

48. Doug@DBW Motorsports

To give you a small idea of the complexity here are the ecu rom sizes

02-05 wrx ecu's are 16bit

04-10 STi ecus are 32bit

996 Porsche are 512bit

135 and 335 BMW are 2MB

So the BMW takes so long because the size is massive compared to the other Roms.

49. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

HOLY COW! How many tables are there? A billion?

50. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]