BMW CCA Autox 8/14

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Meredith, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Meredith

Meredith Banned

BMW CCA Autox 8/14
    Last event i got six runs! We need more subies at the bmw autoxs.

Online registration starts monday, 8/8
    http://www.peachtreebmwcca.org/ptAX_index.asp

Cost: $35 for non BMW CCA members or $25 for BMW CCA members

2. Trey

Trey Active Member

SCCA is having one the same day at lil Talladega. That should be a lil more interesting.

www.soloatlanta.com

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

unfortunately im going to be out of town that weekend...:(

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I don't know about the event a Lil Talladega. It is going to be a really hard morning. Since I am in the Morning Run group, would have to be there by 8 AM. Wouldn't be a problem if is wasn't close to 2 hours away, but I think it would be awesome to run on Lil Tally. I don't know what I am gonna do, especially with my Auto X Buddy in Puerto Rico, damn you Milo.

5. Trey

Trey Active Member

It's basically the whole track with the skid pad removed. I've left at 6am and made it there by 8 ATL time. Remember, the time changes an hour before you get there. :D

6. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Here are some results for the scubies at the BMW CCA event:

119 X1 Meredith Najecicz Subaur WRX 0 0:58.108
    11 X1 Stephen Virant Subaru STI 0 0:58.399
    128 X1 Wayne Lin Subaru WRX 0 0:58.958
    555 X1 Brian Petterson Subaru WRX 0 1:04.471

Stephen got a fastest raw time of 57:7 for X1 but he nicked a cone! Here's a big surprise:

717 X3 Brian Bell Honda S2000 0 0:59.022

I beat brian again!

7. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

No excuses here... Mere is getting a whole lot better. My best run was my first run, as once she beat me on her first run, I kept on trying to push harder, and ended up treating the course more like a drifting event. On my last run, I did 3 x 360s and much sliding.

Just wait for the return of the offset slalom :)

I have a new weapon for next time though:
    http://mere.darg.net/s2k-victoracers
    Victoracers and swaybar, which Mere kindly bought me after kicking my ass.

--
    Brian

8. xnoodlesx

xnoodlesx recovering meth addict

This event was a total blast. Subies totally represented X1 :)

9. 1984

1984 Member

It was nice to meet you Stephen, and great job Meredith! I had a great time as well at the event.

10. SnarkBreeder

SnarkBreeder Member

I'm loving that they got my name as Petterson. It's a nice boost to confidence after those horrible runs. Oh well, at least I had fun, and this autocross definitely made me realize how much the re-92s need to go.
    It was nice meeting some fellow wrx drivers there. I hope to see you at some other autoxes.

11. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

WOW, another Red Rex... Do you have the San Remo Red WRX?. Welcome to the club and forums!!. It feels great to have another Red Rex in the club... I just got mine in 02/05. Great job at Auto-X also!!. Take Care...

Cheers,

Mark

12. SnarkBreeder

SnarkBreeder Member

Yeah, it's San Remo Red. I also got mine in 02/05. I'm as surprised as you to see another red rex here, guess I'm not the beautiful unique snowflake I thought I was, but oh well, it's nice to know at least one other person here has good taste :p.

13. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Man... it is great to see another SRR WRX in the forums... Hope to see ya soon. Great times at the Auto-X guys!!. I am going to get a baseline run soon. I am just trying to get funds under control.

Mark