Boeing's 787 Line in South Carolina

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Berzerklo, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

From past conversations I know there are a few people on this board that are involved/interested in the aerospace industry so I thought I would bring this up.

Since Boeing is huge here in Seattle, there has been all sorts of news coverage about their decision to build the second 787 line in Charleston. Boeing just bought out Vought in SC (one of their suppliers) this summer. I know a lot of the decision had to do with a Machinist Union strike the other year (and Boeing SC just went non-union last month).

I for one am just happy to see more and more industry moving to the southeast. :wiggle: BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Lockheed and now Boeing are all starting to set up shop south of the Mason Dixon. Since all I am exposed to up here is progressive Northwest drivel, I was wondering what some of you thought about the Boeing move?

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

any big industry is good business down here. the savannah area has gotten some pretty big contracts in the last 5yrs. Oneida, Oracal, Hyundai, and others just within 30mins of here. being the second largest port on the east coast, helps.

3. Meredith

Meredith Banned

You forgot about Mercedes in AL, Nissan in TN, Toyota in KY, Kia in south GA and VW has announced a they will be building a new plant in Chattanooga TN.