Borat

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by thebigph, Nov 28, 2006.

1. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

so now that it's been out a little bit anyone have any criticism for it. little background on "borat" aka sasha baron cohen. he's jewish, graduated from the university of cambridge and tried illustrating people's ignorance on america's "culture". who would have thought. guys got balls if you ask me considering how many groups are bringing lawsuits against him

2. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i definately left the movie thinking even less of americans in general

3. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

There were some parts I didn't know if I should laugh for fear others might think I'm an ass, but my jaw dropped at some things he picked on. But, the movie does give you a shock and even though it maaaay over stereotype people, there is some hint of truth in most of it.

4. thebigph

i agree...for the most part you feel bad to laugh but at the same time you sort of can't help it.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

it was funny as hell... insulting to everyone just the same... well, only not insulting to pam ;)

6. thebigph

i think it's interesting how he gets so much shit for his movie but at the same time johnny knoxville and the jackass crew does similar stuff just not blatently like baron cohen did

7. jayj713

jayj713 Member

eh, i was kinda disappointed, it seems like me and my friends are the only people who didnt like the movie lol. I mean i laughed at some parts but, i dunno, i guess i just dont like to laugh at people acting stupid. dunno.

8. 7wolf

7wolf Member

i liked the start but then it kind of trailed off at the end. i laughed at everyone though. i think it's stupid that people are trying to sue him for making the movie. i think they just want a piece of the pie now that it's doing well.

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Sasha Cohen being sued is nothing new. Nothing will really come of these lawsuits. They may gets some money, but in the end, it will not hurt Cohen by any means. If anything, it worked to his benefit. Lots of Publicity.

10. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Everybody at work is walking around say "very nice" "high five" and "I like sex, it's nice"

Lol.