bored?wanna go to the mountains?

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by osborne519, Jan 31, 2008.

1. osborne519

osborne519 Member

i say we all get together and do something soon..... like go to the mountains?

im bored and tired of being couped up in my house so if anyone is interested lets put our heads together and figure out something.......

2. Meredith

Meredith Banned

There is an autox on sunday in Cordele (about two hours south).... better way to spend a sunday IMHO....

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yea, this isn't the forum for mountain runs

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

i was gonna say there is a dragon run being scheduled for the weekend of the 13th IIRC. over on 4touge

5. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Hell yes I'm bored. And I'd love to go to the mountains. I'm hoping we can get one scheduled for sometime after August 12th hopefully before September 5th...

(In before holy thread revival)

6. bluetwo.I would think there are some mountain roads closer to where you are.??Seattle?

7. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Used to live there. I will have to say ours are better. Out there long sweeping turns, but the scenery is better there.

8. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

There are some good roads here. Mt. Rainier is extraordinary but most of the good parts are closed because a flood washed it all out. We have a group here, supposedly as many a hundred cars will gather... Evo's, Subies, Supras and whatever else, but it could be a rumor.

There is a big ride coming up soon, but I gotta get some of the NE GA mountains while I'm there. I know gas is a bitch but it'd be cool to go up and bar b q while we're there.

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

i'm down. we need to get something big together again here shortly

10. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Just give me some heads up and I will go.

11. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

mt. run? whats that?

run up on the mts? cant you do that in the neighborhood? dont you get tired of running... especially on mt roads??

if i cant see where im going i have to ride.

12. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Joo crazy mang! Especially comin around these parts with an EVO! (just kidding for anyone that doesn't know)

I say ideally we could get a ride together for something like the last weekend of the month, the 30th or 31st. Seems like a good start anyway. Anybody else got something?

13. 2thAche

2thAche Member

BAh! You never go out.

14. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Watch out for Big Foot up there :)

15. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

yea it sux when the front end of your car has to eat rubber..lol

16. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Rubber....Better protected when navigating those dangerous curves...

I need to make one mountain run before I move. No curves and hills in Texas :p

17. Eco Auto Clean

well if its on a sunday..i'm down..leme know!

18. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I am good for sunday. It's got to be early like around 8 or so.

19. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

You guys talking about this Sunday, the 24th?

I can actually swing that one. I say lets do it!!

20. Eco Auto Clean

8am? geeez some of us don't go to bed until 4am...lol...who cares..im down...hopefully my reaction time will be ok..lol...

21. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

pm sent to you guys.

22. Eco Auto Clean

got ur pm...of course on celly so can't reply...if others are going I may join....been feeling like crap as I spent majority of my day gettin CT scans @ piedmont hospital today. ill keep checking this thread but no definite answer for me quite yet....

23. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

^ Just give me a call sometime. I will be in a meeting from 3-5. :)

24. '05limited

'05limited Member

If I can get my car back by then - I'll go - if I can't, can my buddy w/ Lexus IS350 come, and I'll ride w/ him?

Are we going to grill like we did last year?

25. Eco Auto Clean

a grill out would be pretty sweet...like i said though not feeling too well and i dont want folks depending on me.... =(...ahh i hate being sick!

26. '05limited

'05limited Member

Next week would be better for me too...my car is sick, though - not me. Has a bad case of the blown motor.

27. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Next week is fine also.

28. Eco Auto Clean

just a suggestion but maybe new a new thread a sept/sun mtn run/cookout? one last event/g2g of the summer?.....so we can have a decent turn out n be somewhat organized. just my .02

29. '05limited

'05limited Member

Not it for organizing - but I'll come - point me in the right direction!

30. Eco Auto Clean

^ ^x2....i usually don't mind...but I don't want responsibility right now as I'm about the only responsible one at my job it seems.lol

31. 2thAche

2thAche Member

I can't make next weekend. I'll try to go this weekend also if oneiguy is still going.

I'm good for 8AM or earlier. As far as early goes, I prefer 3PM runs but with family etc the early runs work out better. 11-3 is the worst time for traffic/bicycles.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  32. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I will hold out for next weekend. Saturday will work better. I will have some new toys by then.:naughty:

33. '05limited

'05limited Member

Don't you know it's the first game of the season next saturday!??!!?! Don't know if I can go out early enough and still make it back to athens by 12:00 - I can try though.

34. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Sorry don't watch sports. We can go up at 7-8 and be done by 10 without a problem.

35. '05limited

'05limited Member

Sounds good to me. If all goes according to plan, the new(ish) motor should be in and the car should be putting around by then - you guys mind if my buddy comes with his lexus? 08 IS350 w/ coils+sways?

36. 2thAche

2thAche Member

I'm going tomorrow morning. Forgot next Sunday is my anniversary :eek:

PM me if anyone wants to meet up.

37. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Can't got to sell some taco's

38. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Man, it was perfect yesterday. The chance of rain kept all the bicycles and cruisers away, 75 degrees and dry except for about 30 minutes at 10:30-ish. I had so many open runs I used about a tank and a half of gas altogether.

39. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I'm Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. Eco Auto Clean

^ ^ ^ me too..im tellin ya...if someone organizes a sept mtn run/cook out I think thatd be perfect!!!!