BOV Problems

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Fume, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Fume

Fume Member

well i just put on a HKS SSQ BOV and im sure i plugged the air bypass hose perfect but whenever im driving and let off the gas, the car turns off :confused: help plz?

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Haha. Blow off valves FTL!

Check the flange where it connects to the intercooler. Did you replace the gasket?

Also did you plug the recirculating hose correctly?

and also check the intercoolers connection to the throttle body, I noticed with mine that the hoodscoop diffuser pushed down on the bov and slightly moved my intercooler and I had the same problems.

and when thats all done, try unplugging the battery to reset the ecu.

and note: your car probably won't achieve the true performance abilities until you get a tune to the bov.

3. Fume

Fume Member

hmm.. i should try the battery thing and yea im planning on getting it tuned as soon as i can get this crap to work :wtc:

4. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

If it's gotten that bad with the BOV there is something else wrong... If there is a mechanical problem it won't be able to be tuned out...

Siegel

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Not even with CTRL+i :confused:

Seriously though you have a leak and a quick pressure test will find it.

6. Fume

Fume Member

there is no problem when i put the stock BOV back on, everythings normal. oh well HKS SSQ for sale :) any takers? lol

7. RydeBye

RydeBye Member

thats wierd how when peeps put a BOV on thier scoobys and have probs...I put on a HKS SSQ on my 06 and it runs perfect if not smoother than before...did you try adjusting it?

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

they have problems because they aren't tuned for them. subarus aren't like hondas. you can't just slap a part on and it expect instant results.

9. RydeBye

RydeBye Member

mine must know i was a honda owner...high expectations :rofl:...i love scoobys so much better than honda...ill never go back

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

Not saying your dumb... But check and see if the gasket is stuck to the stock bov. You have a boost leak somewhere, it dowsn't have anything to with it not being tuned or anything. That would just make it stutter a little between shifts, not shut off.

11. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

no such thing as tuning for a bov

12. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Correct. If the car was running fine before, it should still mostly run fine with the BOV. You will notice a minor "nastiness" when you lift and/or shift. You need to find the mechanical problem.

Siegel