Boxer Rally @ the tail of the dragon

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by johnson90512, Apr 22, 2014.

1. johnson90512

johnson90512 New Member

Who all is going to this? I'm going with 2 others, leaving from daglonega

2. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

Damn! I forgot about this. I'll try to see if I can make it up there.

3. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

Can we get a little more info about the event? When is it, where we meeting, or a website for the event, etc. ?

4. johnson90512

johnson90512 New Member

5. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

shoot! it's this weekend!?!? wish I had known earlier, can't make it this weekend. I really want to get back on the dragon and with that many soobs...what could be better!? It's gonna be like a bunch of angry bees up in that bee ah-tch?

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm headed up with some friends...we are staying clear from that part of the group though...doing our own thing.

7. KDean

KDean Member

I was unaware of the event, but after seeing this thread I searched and saw a rather lengthy nasioc thread about it.

What's the deal, is that crowd just too much? Crazy drivers, etc.?

8. Matt

I have no experience with any of them...especially on mountain roads. The ones I'm going with I have plenty of experience with and I trust them all.

9. KDean

KDean Member

Gotcha. I used to ride a sportbike in N GA and some of the racer wannabees would treat it like a race track. Passing sometimes in the SAME lane as you with no warning, etc., like they have something to prove. Most were all cool and safe though.

10. KDean

KDean Member

Wasn't trying to get off-topic. I'll have to see what the wife has on her honey do list for me on Sat. Maybe I'll head up there if I have any time.

N Ga may in in the cards due to time constraints though...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  11. RonnieBlaze

RonnieBlaze Member

Im headed up saturday morning .... Matt can i meet up with you and your group?

12. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

It is also Rotary Rally this weekend, watch out for rotards

13. RonnieBlaze

RonnieBlaze Member

i usually go up with them since a friend has a FD, but he has been taking his ariel atom

14. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yea me and my rotary buddies were planning on going this year but the plans (and cars) kind of fell apart

15. Matt

email me when you're in the area. We are staying about 10 minutes (or less) from Tsali near Bryson City. Most likely, if we go anywhere, it will be down to Wayah Bald Road which goes over to Franklin. From there, we'll take 64 into Highlands and have lunch...or a late lunch anyway. Fill up on supplies and head back to the cabin for dinner.

16. johnson90512

johnson90512 New Member

Well apparently the main drive on the dragon is on Friday but I suspect there will still be a good bit on it on Saturday as well since they are having some sort of meeting nearby later in the evening. I think we are leaving Dahlonega around 7:30 to make it there by 10 to get a few runs in, and we will probably do the Cherohala Skyway while we are there. If you've never been its an awesome drive.

17. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

hey matt, i will be goin as well.. im trying to get off work tmrw (half day) then drive up to ALLPRO to hopefully pick up the newly transformed ver7 bugeye and catch up with some golf/s2k/evo buddies.. then hope to leave for the cabin thur night or friday morning! i know they have bad service up there.. so anybody from ATL driving out.. hit me up, bc most likely half of these guys im chillin out with thur/fri are gonna bail out on me.. so it would be nice to ride up with some other subiies ^_^

478-447-3037

18. Matt

Cell service is shit up there...unless you're on Verizon. Then it's better. :p This will be the first year I don't have Verizon up there...will be interesting finding a cabin that I have no idea where it is...just the general area. joy!

19. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

wish i could join with the transformed subie, but I've got a friends wedding to attend. hope everyone has a ton of fun, and please be safe and don't be one of the idiots :p

20. FACE

FACE Active Member

Have a blast and Godspeed ladies!

21. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

yep i have some shit luck!! lol.. the center diff from the donor car is no bueno.. so the bugeye wont make it this trip to the dragon :(( yall have fun and take plenty of pics!

22. KDean

KDean Member

So? How was it? Pics?

23. Matt

It was a good weekend for me. I stayed with my group only and had a blast. didn't take a single picture. :\

24. Brock Samson

Brock Samson Member

No pictures! :(

So I know it's a little late and it may be a little wierd to post a link to another forum, but we've got quite a few pics up here: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2541922

In regards to going with you're own group, it makes sense. I'd much rather be driving with people I feel comfortable around and know that they can handle themselves then a bunch of strangers. That being said, the event was good times. Lots of parts giveaways (for those that drove up to outside Knoxville) and the large group meetup at the lake was good times. Those of us from Augusta don't experience many large scooby meets like that. haha