Brandsmart USA? Experiences?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BelvnAWD, Jun 5, 2008.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Brandsmart is having a TV sale right now and I was wondering if anyone on here has had any experiences, positive or negative buying things there? Thanks!

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I've made a few smaller purchases on things. Prices are nice. The stuff they carry is good stuff.

They're extended warranty kinda sucks.

my mother's husband bought a NICE Denon receiver there and bought the extended warranty. Lightning struck their condo and fried the unit. Brandsmart 'tried' to fox it, but ended up replacing it for something that was $150 cheaper and had less features.

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

+1 for them, never had any issues bought ALOT of stuff from them

4. BelvnAWD

Thanks guys, guess I will head up there and check it out today...

5. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I bought an LG 32" hd tv from there a year ago for a decent price

6. FACE

FACE Active Member

I have a buddy Sebastioan that works at the barrett store in the car audio dept if your in need. Maybe he can hook it up!

7. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

Bargain them down them down. i got a philips 48" lcd 1080p with that led lighting on the sides. i think its called ambiant. with a wall hanger and a 5 year extended warrenty for 1183. and that was after tax. just tell them that you have been shopping around and that you would like to leave this store today with a tv. what can you do for me?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2008
  8. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

You can come see me at Circuit City and i'll hook you up. -Joe

9. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

soo, joe, what kind deals can you get me a on a 52" 1080p....

10. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

bought my lcd there, good prices too!!

11. BelvnAWD

I purchased a 37" Lg (Model 37lg30) for $1028 including tax, a VESA wall mount and a 3 year extended. Any thoughts on the deal? Seemed to be $300 or so better than I could have done at BB/CC...

The price breakdown was: LCD: $798
    Mount: $78
    Warranty: 88.88

Like I said, I have been doing research for a few weeks so felt good about the deal, I wasn't as familiar with the LG as some of the other sets I looked at, but I know the LG brand, certainly trust it more than the Vizio's/Olevia's of the world (right or wrong), and did look up the price on my Blackberry. Anyways, thanks for the input fellas!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  12. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

13. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

dang dude..when do i get an invite to whoop your ass at some wii bowling on the new tv

14. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

nice!!

Isn't Vivio just a rebranded Samsung or something? And Olevia I think is Polaroid.....or something.

15. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i think its a rebranded phillips right?

16. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

LG is rebranded Zenith

I sold a 52 1080p the other day for 1400 -Joe (Samsung A550)

17. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Go see Joe at Circuit city and boost his sales report :p

18. BelvnAWD

I was waiting for him to call, but :dunno I would much rather have bought from him or SilverSurfer (Roberto). However, the wife is on the way to pick it up after work now...

19. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i would only buy an extended warranty on something that you didn't feel like carrying when it broke. (coming from a top 10 in the country former CC salesman.)

20. Jake

Jake Active Member

whoa whoa whoa people!!! i see A TON of misconceptions here!!!

none of the aforementioned tvs are "rebranded" anything.

LG manufactures 85% of the worlds flat panels. if you have a flat panel there is an 85% chance it was manufactured by LG. that's JUST the panel itself. the actual chips, processors etc. could be made by anyone of a number of other companies.

LG owns Philips, which owns Magnavox. So, it is fair to say that Philips gets LG's crap, and Magnavox gets the worst crap of the three, hence the reason they are a WalMart staple.

Zenith is a company all in its own, but everything is made by LG.

ALLL of Sony's flat panels are made by Samsung in Korea. Then the panels are shipped to Japan where they get the processors from Sony

Visio, is a company all in its own. It was started by a former VP of LG, who left Korea and moved to America where he started the company. Of the "bargain brands" its probably the best, IMHO.

Sharp has LG manufacture all of their panels, they ONLY make LCDs. Sharp supplies the processors though

Pioneer is a company all in its own. they used to have their plasma panels manufactured by numerous other companies, but the quality really lacked. so they quit outsourcing and now the quality is AMAZING.

Panasonic, makes all of their own plasma panels but LG makes their LCD's IIRC.

I used to work for Best Buy and we were quizzed regularly (almost daily) on industry insight and product knowledge, etc.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  21. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

minor correction that LG is majority owner of Zenith.

not that it matters, of course there is so much brand whoring that its impossible for most folks to follow the trail back to a manufacturer. Like Polaroid really makes tvs... :unamused:

22. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah, i worked there over a year ago. so things may have changed. but then again that does sound familiar.
    haha.

but i don't care where you spend you're money. i'd just steer you, or any first time purchasers towards samsungs, or sonys. essentially Samsungs are cheaper sonys. exact same screens. just different processors. however those processors are a little better....

23. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

brandsmart fucked me up when i bought a tv from them along with other electronics...

they made me a credit card and gave me a 10% off which was ok. but then they fucked up my credit score when i paid the card off saying i still had a balance left over.

when i went to car dealership to buy a car my credit was shit cuz it said i has 90 days past due on shit i had already paid off.