Bridge = 1. Honda = 0

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by yardhippie, Apr 29, 2008.

1. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

If any of you ever wondered what happend when a Honda del Sol hydroplanes on Spagettii Juncion at 7:30 AM on a Monday.
    Check it out.
    The car is (was) my wife's. Tires are in great shape, she doesnt drive fast at all. She says it happed so fast she doesnt even remember hitting the wall, but her arms (air bag burn), forhead, and knee all remember. :eek:hnoes:
    She's fine but the car is totaled. Hell, it even popped the window when the passenger airbag deployed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and the real kicker: she got a ticket for failure to maintain a lane. The cop said they had to issue a citation in cases where the driver loses control etc. He also said that it should be the cheapest one he could give and that she should go to court and try and get it dismissed.

2. Deke

Deke Active Member

bummer dude. I'm glad to here that your wife is alright though! That's the important part :)

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That sucks. Like already stated above your wife is A-okay! That's the important part. That car can be replaced....she can't.

4. FACE

FACE Active Member

just glad to hear the wifey is ok!

5. caseyfoster

caseyfoster Member

Damn man, thats really scary looking at that car and knowing your wife was in there.

6. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Yea, it's an really unpleasant feeling when you get that call.
    "I just hit the wall on spagetti junction." and thats about all i got before the crying started.
    Hell, I wasn't even ready for work yet.
    When I showed up it was pointed at about a 45 degree angle to the left in the Rt hand lane.
    There is no doubt she smacked the wall really hard.

Now, If I can just convince her that there are worse things than her car being crashed. We really cant afford a new car right now, but hey, I know what bad wrecks do to a person. I have the holes in my shoulder and about 35k in medical recipts to prove it. We'll just carpool for a bit and we did have full coverage! :bowdown:

Insurance has already got us a figure, and even after the deductable, its about what we could have gotton sellin the car outright. Glad I fought her to keep it just a few months ago! :hsnono:

7. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

Man that sucks glad she's alright tho and that cop is a dick

8. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow. That's crazy! This is the car that wouldn't pass emissions, right? At first I thought it might have been stuffed intentionally because of the emissions issue.

None the less, I'm happy to hear that she is ok with minor bruising only. :)

It sucks that the ticket for everything, especially something like this. I would definitely go to court and ask them to dismiss it. Was this in dekalb county?

9. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Glad she's safe and cops who give tickets out for accidents are dickheads no matter what reasoning a person can give. The last thing someone needs after a life/death accident is a citation saying you made a mistake. No fucking shit! My cars now totaled but that doesn't matter, I need this stupid citation for me to learn my lesson!

I digress, seriously though, glad she's alright. Make sure she gets driving again soon.

10. bsigari62

bsigari62 Member

im glad shes all right

11. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

crazy shit bro, glad everything is ok

12. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Thanks to all for the wishes. She's quite well. Just a bit stiff.

We're all happy to have one more keep on kickin when the brutal shows it's face.:fawk:

13. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Treat her to an awesome weekend! That type of shit is traumatic. Glad she is OK!

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I don't understand.....why is a cop a dickhead for doing his job?

15. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

You should have her checked out by a Chiropractor. Some soft tissue injuries can cause problems even if she can't feel it. Seeing that she is stiff is a good indication that she needs an evaluation. If you have medpay with your insurance, you will not have any out of pocket expense. Glad to hear she is otherwise o.k.

16. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Sorry to hear that bro, I hope she feels better soon. I had a 93 del sol and its safe to say it handled for shit in the rain, I can remember a few times I thought I was going to die. I think it has something to do with the weight of the car.:eek:hnoes:

17. Cuz people love to hate on cops..... :dunno:

On topic though, most departments require their officers to issue a citation to the at-fault party of a traffic collision..... there are exceptions, but in the case of a single car accident that's usually how it turns out.....

Just have your wife show up on the court date, talk to the solicitor, and chances are good they can work something out for you..... piece of cake!

18. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Cops have their hands in Atlanta...thats 4 sure!