Broken front bumper tabs... Any suggestions

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Goose013, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Goose013

Goose013 Member

Is there an epoxy or resin that I could use to repair the tabs on my front bumper? This was a used bumper and a lot of the tabs were broken where the push pins go. The bumper has stayed on a few years now but I've had to use zip ties on the sides. Kind of annoying....

2. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

I hit a dog with mine and broke a lot of the tabs...I just took a drill and made new holes and used zipties (lots of them) to hold it in place.

3. Goose013

Goose013 Member

I thought about the new hole deal but wasn't too sure

4. Trey

Trey Active Member

I've used washers that have the same size diameter hold as the push pins. Worked for me.

5. jeb

jeb Member

I have the same problem on mine from when I hit a foot of standing water going about 45 during that flood shit getting off the interstate last year. Let me know if you find a good solution

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

sand around the hole, JB or whatever Nicad likes to use, use that to bond some nylon washers on top. You can get those at a hardware store.

7. WJM

WJM Banned

make an aluminum bracket and pop rivets.

Thats what I've been doing with cars down here that they dont want to buy a new bumper cover.

8. amonsta

amonsta Member

HA! I use 2 aluminum bumper supports from a bmw. They are only 2 bucks! Ill try and find the part number for you and or a pict.

9. sobe_death

sobe_death New Member

I used safety wire to just make stronger tabs. Wire across the broken area with the screws loose, then tighten screws. it almost works better than the OEM solution

10. WJM

WJM Banned

^
    [​IMG]

FTW!!!!

Oh, I found this one, I like!
    [​IMG]

11. Goose013

Goose013 Member

ok,I guess I'll get to it here in the near future. I'll let you guys know what if anything worked. Thanks for the input

12. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Innovation!

13. Goose013

Goose013 Member

found an interesting site... www.urethanesupply.com it has all sorts of plastic repair products such as a plastic welder. interesting to say the least

14. amonsta

amonsta Member

Ya the plastic weld does not hold too well. It strong but just cant withstand the test time. Ive tried it all! lol

15. Goose013

Goose013 Member

Figures someone would have tried it LOL

16. Goose013

Goose013 Member

I drilled new holes.... worked perfectly. problem solved

17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

woohoo!