Broken WRX Need Help

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Trancetto, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Okey, i just bought a 02 WRX from one of the member on IA yesterday. I just went for a drive, i was doing around 70mph in 5th gear. So i step on the gas and i reach to about 90mph and than the car just kicks back as if i was breaking hard with me still on the gas peddled to the floor, i get scared and let go of the gas. As that happened check engine came on. I slow down and go WTF, did i just buy a ****ed up car. SO i try doing the same thing but in 4th gear, i do 70-110mph in 4th gear and everything is fine. Now i try fifth gear again and it does the same thing again at 90mph, but this time i kept my foot on the gas. The car kicked back as if it was breaking at 90mph but with my foot still on gas, the car kept going and than kicked back at about 100mph again, with my foot still down on gas, car kept going and kicked back again at about 110mph. Than i just give up come home and sat here and worried my ass off. Well ill be going to a shop tomorow to see what codes that check engine will throw out.

Can someone please tell me what might be happening here. TY alot.

Its a stock WRX.

2. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Boost or fuel cut maybe? The previous owner could have messed with the wastegate or bcs.

Hopefully someone like SS or WJM will chime in for ya.

GL

3. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

who did you buy it from (their screenname)

it could help us determine the issue

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

lol, hopefully your sn applies only temporarily.

5. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

which interstate were you doing this on (so I know not to drive there)

6. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

i bought it from eYezs1ck.

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

Sounds like boost spike in fifth gear. The ecu is pulling timing. Get the engine code pulled at advance. And get the car tuned ASAP.

8. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Please don't be one of those old douche bags who do the same thing, but come on internet and act all shitty about other people doing it. And i did it on 85,29,400,285,78 so stay off those interstates.:pssh:

9. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

easy there killer. I will be one of those "douche bags." have fun fixing your broke dick car asshat.

10. wrxin8or

ok, first off, refer to the link in my signature regarding street racing/excessive speeding.

secondly, from reading eYezwhatever's posts here, he at least had a BOV on the car, so it isnt stock...

11. FACE

FACE Active Member

sounds like boost creep to me

12. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

you also need to learn to respect other members on this site. this is not like other sites that will go unmentioned who commonly bash each other. We have rules & regulations around here that are strictly enforced.

thank you. :)

13. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Lol....You should have bought mine! Just kidding.

I told you on IA to get rid of that BOV. Did you even have the car inspected before purchasing it?

Also, the IA jargon is not used over here. This site helps people and has fun, no bashing and shit talking.

14. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I vote insta-ban son!

jk :keke:

15. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

:rofl::rofl:

+1 for boost creep and needing a tune!

16. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

Sounds Like Boost Creep. Id Check The Vacume Lines To The Turbo And Check For Any Clogged Lines.

17. WJM

WJM Banned

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooost issue.

Fix it.

18. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea sounds llike fuel cut off/over boost..like everyone else said check your lines, check yourself and welcome to the community :)

19. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

srry for the previous post. Well i finally went to auto zone and they gave me this info.

The PCM has determined that the voltage signal for wastegate solenoid "A" os out of range for the current engine operating conditions"

Care to explain what the means, and how to fix it?:bowdown:

20. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

what was the exact code?

21. WJM

WJM Banned

^Ditto.

22. kingwrex

THE BOOST IS HITTING HIGHER THAN STOCK IS SUPPOSED TO.

CHECK THE VACUME LINES GOING TO THE TURBO, PERTICULARY WHERE THE PLASTIC FITTING IS THAT CONNECTS THE LINE GOING FROM THE WASTEGATE SOLENOID CONNECTING TO THE LINE GOING TO THE TURBO.

23. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

all the paper say is that and.

Troubleshooting P0244
    OEM Brand: OBDII

so i dont see what code you guys are asking for.

24. wrxin8or

The P0244 is what we need

25. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

and i went to some shop and showed him the paper, and the guy said ur tranny is bad. i was like wtf are u serious. its not like my 5th gear doesnt work, it works perfectly untill 90, and than car starts kicking back

26. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

ohh ok. well all the info is more than welcomed

27. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

can we know what shop that is....this way we don't go there!

:rofl:

28. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

thats what i did, i laughed when i left. It was mmmm. i think ohh yeah, Good Year shop.

29. longfury

longfury Active Member

Take it to Classic and have Kingwrex have a look at it if you can't locate the problem.

Battleground or Topspeed would be able to help you as well.

30. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

ok i will do that.

Any more ideas what might be going on?

31. kingwrex

DID YOU CHECK THE LINE THAT I MENTIONED FOR BLOCKAGE?

32. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

more than likely just the vacuum lines. something is causing an overboost condition and the car is reacting normal. you'll feel like it will hit a brickwall when it happens

also I wouldn't take your subaru to anything other than a dealer (or a few knowledgeable people) unless it's for something stupid like tires or oil changes.

33. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

not yet. i will check them before tonight. Than ama have to find a safe place to do a 90mph in 5th gear.

34. WJM

WJM Banned

P0244 means the ECU cannot control the boost like it wants to.

Like King said, check your boost control lines.

35. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

its wet outside so please use some common sense and dont. but if you do please dont do it in lawrenceville, duluth, snellville, loganville, stone mountian, alpharetta, marietta, buckhead or altanta. I have friends and family that live around there and would hate for them to get nailed by some jerk off going 90 on wet roads at night trying to make their car malfunction.

36. wrxin8or

^troof.

there is absolutely no reason to even attempt to go 90mph on a public street.

37. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

can u show me the pic of where the lines are located. I think i know what lines ur talking about, but not sure. and yes, im not gona do it tonight, its wet.:squint:

38. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Definitely a boost issue. That seems to have already been determined.

Does the car have a manual boost controller by chance?

Other than that, definitely check the lines like kingwrex said. He knows his stuff. Good luck, and be safe.

39. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

[​IMG]

**Thanks to CObb and WJM for the pic**

Everyone's suggesting you look at where lines 1,2,3 meet.

Please keep it safe on the road.

40. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

ok thx alot. so check if those lines are hooked up. :bowdown:

41. And I wouldn't ask any more questions about Subaru's over on IA anymore. Haha, stick to a forum that actually knows what they're talking about. I'm very familier with fuel cuts, and yup that's what it is. It's been said already so it doesn't matter.

Don't drive like an idiot. Don't launch your car how you would your RSX. Don't be a ricer. And keep the shit talking and whoring on IA.

42. Excuse the noob.

His previous car was an RSX. :)

43. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

ok i checked. and line 3 is just hanging on the side. and other side of line 3 is connected, i think the other side of line 3 slipped off.

Here is are some pics.

[​IMG]

And here is the other side of line 3.

[​IMG]

44. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Hey Maniac, lol yea i dont launch my WRX at all.I actually think launching hard any AWD is stupid. I just love to spool up the turbo time to time in 2nd and 3rd gear and 4th.

any how, are u coming to the milk challenge, i know u were there last time when my bro won. REMEMBER!

45. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

^^^ yeah according to those pics.... that's where A LOT of your problems are coming from.
    Holy crap...

46. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Lol, problem identified! Easy fix!!

47. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Problem has been fixed. I replaced the housing line 3, and the car is running clean.

Thanks guys, with out your help i would be still stuck with the same problem. PROPS.:keke:

48. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

damn. im surprised something didnt blow.

49. longfury

longfury Active Member

Those lines are exposed to a lot of heat. Since they are rubber lines they will just dry up and crack. Keep an eye on all of those or just replace them all to be safe and make sure something else does not fail.

50. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

so is there any way to wrap them or buy some special housing so that it can out stand the heat?