BRZ Track Test

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nygiant, Mar 23, 2012.

1. nygiant

nygiant Member

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

7.3 second 0-60 is slower than even Subaru and Toyota are claiming.

3. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I wasn't expecting it to be fast.....thats why we want to build parts for it.

4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I learned a little about patience when I bought my wrx. If I waited a little longer I could have bought the STi version.

I imagine there will be quite a few BRZ buyers that will be a little disappointed when they finally get their cars.

5. longfury

longfury Active Member

The RX8 with another 300lbs and only 20 more HP(same torque) could do under 7 to 60. Someone needs to learn how to launch a car.

I expect mid to high 6's to 60 when the major mags get their hands on it.

6. Matt

7. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

A turbo would be nice :)

8. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I suspect that shortly after the BRZ makes its debut that there will be pistons, rods, valves, springs, and turbo kits available.....

9. Matt

RCE already has a car for producing parts

[​IMG]

10. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

damn that thang looks nice in white

11. Matt

those wheels are definitely growing on me...I'll still swap them for something more aggressive though.

12. longfury

longfury Active Member

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

7+ seconds is almost as slow as my 4dr 318i that is 20yrs old.

still looking at getting one of these things however

14. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Dang those wheels are FUGLY.

15. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I don't see why everyone wants one of these

16. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Underpowered and overpriced.

I'd rather find a used Corvette for the same money. Of course I am closer to my mid-life crisis than most of the people on this board so I will fit right in with the Corvette community.

17. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Seriously I expect this car to be like all other newer made vehicles that run an adaptive ignition system. I bet the BRZ has a large difference in performance based off the octane used. So lets say one test report based out of Cali has 91oct in the tank.. Car isn't quite as happy as motor trend, who beats the snot out of their test cars and almost always fills them up with unleaded race fuel at the tracks to get the best possible numbers.

18. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

Haters gonna hate.

19. SubiNoobi

Because this forum (despite people like you) is a Subaru enthusiast forum, dumbass.

20. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

1. because no matter what i do to my WRX the engine will always sit in front of the front axles
    2. AWD may be faster but RWD allows for finer control which is more fun for me
    3. naturally aspirited motor has quicker response to your inputs

i could go on really... but since it's a niche car i understand that it may not be for everyone.

for me, it's not about how quickly i get to a place, but how much fun I had getting there. I test drove a C6 vette because i was blinded by the numbers posted on magazines and its shear horsepower/dollar ratio, but when i was presented with sloppy slow steering reactions, clutch with a high take-up point, and a chassis that just 'jiggles' all the time (especially right after test driving a 987 boxster), i was disgusted by the lack of communication corvette had offered as a sports car.

in contrast, I have a great time driving cars like the mini cooper, mazda miata, or the VW GTI. they dont offer the monster power like the vette, but i have so much more fun, and i think it's because these cars have quick reflexes in key areas such as a flat torque nature (GTI) or the ability to change directions quickly. And if you appreciate these kind of things then you start to understand why the BRZ is such a good car, but if you`re still just reading the magazines and complaining about the lack of horsepower or how slow it is in a 0-60, of course you have no idea why people like this car and would leave a blunt comment like you have up there.

21. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Have you driven a BRZ yet?

When you get yours what is the first mod you are going to make?

22. mokinbird87

I haven't driven it but it would be getting rid of the prius tires

23. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

damn, what crawled up your ass? May want to step back before taking things so...personal.

People like myself, along with about 50% of this forum, no longer drive subarus. That doesn't mean we're not car (even subaru) enthusiasts. We're all reading the opinions and reviews (obviously, some of us do it a bit more objectively than others...) and making our own decisions on the outlook of this car.

Sorry a few of us didn't fall in the mosh pit of hype that surrounds this new Toyota.

24. 07Ltd#767

If you haven't driven it, how are you already lumping it in the "slow but turns good" category? I respect your response and what you're looking for in a vehicle, but you chastise us on a car for reading the reviews and making our opinions on it when you've done nothing but the same thing. Until you drive it, you have no idea what kind of category the BRZ will fall into.

25. mokinbird87

yea i agree I cannot make any valid comments since i have not driven it, and it seems as if every single magazine reviews are biased nowadays so i dont trust any of it, but the engine position and it's curb weight alone will make any WRX/STI owners jealous.

Also, i agree that it is overpriced. i wouldnt buy it new. If i had 25k+ to throw on a car I would look at a used boxster/cayman package. However, the BRZ/FR-S is charming in that, they focused more on communication between you and the car rather than the out right numbers on a track (although its slalom speed, skipad nuumbers and braking distance seems to be excellent even with not so grippy tires). For me, things like a smaller diameter steering wheel and the pedals made for easy heel-and-toe is a sign that shows that they really cared about the driving experience.

I just want to welcome this new type of car with open arms and wish that everyone will get along despite whatever cars we prefer to drive. I also think this car deserves all this hype since there has not been any decent sportscars in recent years and it just happens to be subaru that might have successfully done it. :sx:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  26. Matt

Easy, killer.

27. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

you're correct; I am not a Subaru enthusiast forum.

I'm sure you had a Eureka moment on the toilet this morning while you thought about how to best flame me. Unfortunately what you typed was what exactly came out of your ass: shit.

28. SubiNoobi

Oh I'm sorry. I'm supposed to respond? I was too busy going on the bimmer forums telling bmw owners how overpriced and under-powered their cars are. Lemme get back to that.

29. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

YOU SIR GTFO. sign out.

YES I AM HATING, VERY VERY HARD.

30. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

What the fuck is going on in here? Lol.

31. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

This thread has gone exactly where I wanted it to.

Sometimes I like to just light the fuse and step away.

32. 07Ltd#767

especially when some non-turbo subaru owner wants to try and talk power to weight, handling or pretty much anything revolving a NICE automobile with somebody who owns an M5 goes.

Yeah, let me how that auto-x lap which just got your NA powered wagon's lunch handed to you by a miata owner went...oh yeah...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  33. 07Ltd#767

Yeah - let me know how that BRZ you won't purchase goes for you...

34. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

since no one here actually owns a BRZ, I don't think it applies (yet). If you recall, I never mentioned anything about them being over priced or under powered. Can you even read?

I owned a subaru for 9 years. I think I'm good.

35. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Maybe this will help

[​IMG]

36. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Wonder how much boost you can run on the stock motor...5-7psi safely?