BT - These Hopeful Machines

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GTscoob, Feb 16, 2010.

1. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Fuck yeah, I've been looking forward to a new BT album since This Binary Universe dropped a few years back. While not the electro-classical masterpiece that TBU was, These Hopeful Machines seems pretty damn epic for poppy dance music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ASdybUV7bg

I'm highly recommending you acquire this one if you like any kind of dance music, pop music, electronic anything.

2. GTscoob

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

BT was the man. Has he been producing anything recently?

I always enjoyed his comp Emotional Technology.

4. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

man. I LOVED BT back in the day. didn't really know he was still around

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Apparently he was busy making up new ways to create music - Wired.

6. GTscoob

Yeah, he was making his own software to produce the sounds that he wanted to music. He took a few years off to compose This Binary Universe, which is hands down the first electronic classical composition in music history. It's not dance music, its just a 7 movement symphony using mostly electric beats and some samples of an actual orchestra, all using very complex overlapping time signatures. On top of the music each song had its own music video tied in with the music.
    Here's the poppiest song on the record, dont watch it if you're drunk or you'll get really dizzy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-0vYZIbPv4

I was kinda curious how he'd top the last record but I guess this is what he needed to do, something just as intense but easier to listen to and dance to for your average listener. So far I've listened through the new album a few times and I think it's going to stay in my car for a while.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Awesome. I'm listening to These Hopeful Machines right now online and I'm liking this a lot.