Bud Light Golden Wheat

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jake, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Jake

Jake Active Member

been seeing commercials for this all day for the last week or so. anyone had this? Justin (nicad)?

i haven't seen it anywhere, but then again i havent really been looking for it. gonna see if we can get a 6 pack/case at the restaurant.

2. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I tried it at taco mac last friday... it's gross! There are so many better wheat beers out there, drink them instead.

3. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

garbage. I had a tasting at work with the brewmaster. told him it sucked, he was pretty :unamused:

basically, it's just bud light with a little bit of wheat thrown into the grain bill. they use the same bud light yeast for fermentation, so most of the aroma and flavor of bud light is going to be present. during lagering they add coriander, lemon peel, and lime peel to the process. no idea why

it's a light lager with some bullshit flavoring added on top to simulate a real wheat beer. it's not even an ale FFS

I did have a long conversation with him about why they aren't marketing our new michelob rye pale ale. it is seriously the best beer we've ever made. I put it on par with terrapin's rye pale ale, and it actually has more IBUs (hop bitterness) than terrapin's

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

yeah, the Rye Pale Ale is DAMN tasty!

5. Jake

Jake Active Member

hmm ill have to try that michelob

6. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

My buddy tried to order that golden wheat stuff last night but was denied by the taco mac waiter LOL, he gave a sample of the new bud light and quickly got some new castles instead. Told him if he wanted wheat beer try something like paulaner hefe but of course he wouldn't listen but I'm glad the waiter set him straight.

Will try that michelob sometimes

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

isn't it nice going somewhere where (most of) the servers know what they're talking about and not just blindly recommending you CRAP?

8. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

its a heavy beer...for something called bud light.

9. Trey

Trey Active Member

You lost me at Bud Light......