Buick Regal GS....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Matt, May 24, 2010.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

cute. im sure it will sell well among the 55+ age group

3. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

255 HP
    6spd!
    granny's about to show these young whippersnappers a thing or two

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

yet another rebadged Opel, seems to be the only thing worth buying in the GM stable these days.

5. ballistic

ballistic Member

looks pretty badass to me. Gives a lot of options for future models like a coupe or even a Grand National

6. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

i'd drive it...

7. tolnep

tolnep Member

a turbo six stock 325hp in that car would be a VERY interesting tuner platform..

ah well...

The Regal GS is based directly on the high-performance OPC version of the Opel Insignia, but instead of using the foreigner's 325-horsepower turbocharged V6, Buick is sticking with its four-cylinder-only strategy for the Regal. The GS is powered by a higher output version of the 2.0-liter direct-injected EcoTec four-cylinder that we've come to know and love in numerous GM products over the few years, with the tell-tale dual portholes on either side of its hood indicating its intentions. In this application, powertrain engineers have re-tuned the engine from its original 260 hp and 260 pound-feet of torque to 255 hp and 295 pound-feet.

8. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

The GSX version will be getting the 6 from what I read somewhere else. The ECOtech is the best 4 cylinder platform out there, I would probably just buy it.

9. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

2 door version like the Grand nationals would be cool.

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

2013 is the tentative date for a 2-door based on the Opel Insignia concept car