buying a supra..

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by bjtyson3, Oct 21, 2007.

1. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

but..its an 86.5 supra..na automatic..im pretty sure that its not gonna be too impressive for power but i can guarantee that you cant find a nicer,cleaner stock supra than this anywhere..it cant get nicer than this..gettin it for only 1500 dollars,120k miles..7mge.. the car has one problem though,i think its a fuel problem..the car runs perfect but it just backfires and kinda cuts back at high throttle..its like its not getting enough gas..i think its gonna need the whole fuel system done..its been sitting up for the past 4 years and hasnt had a tune up in a longgggg time..anyone know about mk3 supras or know what the problem may be..give me a holla

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

first thing to do would be to change all the fluids.

I would then start with purging the fuel lines and changing the fuel filter.

Sounds like it'll be a fun dd.

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I love supras. When I was 16 I found one for sale and used to test drive it often hoping to some how come up with the money to get it. It was the first car I went into the 100mph range too with....

4. Scotty B

Scotty B Member

make sure the head gasket is in good shape. i don't know about the NA's but the turbos bust them easily if they're still stock.

i think a compression test would tell you if it's OK or not, or if you notice it burns any coolant.

good luck with it, they're neat old cars.

5. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

yea i like the cars..prolly my favorite 80's decade import..im puttin like an hks intake and exhaust on it and a pretty nice stereo and some wheels or either stock mk4 supra wheels on it..its fast for what it is..has a good stock exhaust tone..fastest import ive ever drove until i got my sti