Caffeine Overload...I'm Retarded

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 07Ltd#767, Dec 11, 2008.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Ok,

So we have a co-worker here who's addicted to Rockstar energy drinks...one of our co-op's fraternity is sponsored by them and he's always bringing in free Rockstars to the office. Today he brought in 3 cases of the 16 ounce tall boys and dropped them off. We also have a blood pressure / pulse machine thingy here and were wondering what happens to your heart if you overload yourself on caffeine.

Needless to say, the co-op and I decided to undertake the challenge. On a side note, I do not drink caffeine. I don't drink coffee, tea (unless I'm sick), coke (unless mixed w/ bourbon), or any other soft drinks. I usually stick to good old fashion water or fat free milk.

So, I shotgunned 2-16 ounce Rockstars in under 5 minutes...we did a little research and figured out its the sugar / caffeine equivalent of 28 regular cokes. The two combined have over a 1/2 cup of sugar.

I feel like super-aids...I mean, the kind you see dangling from skank-hos hiding out behind trash dumpsters in dark allies giving out $5 blow jobs. God I feel like shit.

My stomach feels like it has a gallon of acid eating a hole straight through to my ass where I'm sure an eruption of violent proportions is about to unleash itself. :eek:hnoes:

Every 10 minutes we are testing pulse and blood pressure to see how it's effected. My average resting is about 115/65 w/ a pulse around 55 bpm. For some reason today it was a little high pre-drinking, about 125/70 w/ a 78 bpm. Two tastes later (I feel super lethargic, btw), I'm at about 110/60 w/ a 58 bpm. I'll keep you updated and let you know how things turn out.

For the record, very bad idea...would not recommend. I'm pretty sure I've lost about 4 months off the life of my kidneys...:wtc:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  2. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Drink 2 more...Dibs on your car!

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah, i did 3 and a half 16oz rockstars on an overnight one time while i was at lowes. didnt eat anything at all. needless to say i felt like shit. and i very rarely drink energy drinks anymore because of it.

4. jeb

jeb Member

All I can say is this "experiment" has been hilarious to watch.

5. 07Ltd#767

speak for yourself...:squint:

6. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

ehhh, they won't kill you. I used to drink two of the huge amp energy drinks every morning before work.

7. 07Ltd#767

Well, here's my hourly update...

My stomach doesn't hurt anymore

My ADD is through the roof...I have the attention span of an 8 year old

Absolutely nothing has changed in regards to pulse / BP

I'm peeing what appears to be a toxic green glowing substance that could kill most small mammals...every ten minutes...

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

thats actually unused vitamin C in your peepee

those things have a shitload of it.

try a multivitamin, results will be the same

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Rockstar is disgusting. I prefer Monster, but only as a Mixer with Jager, or pretty much any other liquor you can think of. I tried using Rockstar once as a mixer and I wanted to puke after finishing my drink. I learned from my mistakes. It is either Monster or Red Bull, but Red Bull is expensive.

10. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

psh thats nothing.

find a Monster BFC (big fuckin can)

32oz of deliciousness all in one can...mmm mmm

11. slowwrx

Redbull and 3am (caffeinated) vodka....mmmmm

12. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Try 4 caffeine pills.

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

14. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

so I went to bed....8am thurs morn...day time DJ didn't show..and guess who was scheduled to work thurs night? ME!!! Was called into work at 1245pm and worked till 330pm. I had star bucks brought to me 2x...Venti Frappacino, one with two shots and the other with 4 shots of espresso....all I had for food was some chicken tenders from roasters and fried California rolls from aqua bistro...needless to say I'm all cracked out of my skull!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH....thats my energy/caffeine drink story which i guess could fit well in here..am I still typing..? geeez...attempting to go to bed now!!

15. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

My wife claims I am addicted to energy drinks. I am trying to at least slow down if not stop drinking them. I stopped drinking them on Sunday. It has been a super crappy week and I feel like my whole day is going in slow motion.

16. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Fresh ground French Roast, ground for espresso and made with a good old fashion' on stove espresso maker from Italy (so it actually works), small piece of lemon rind and unprocessed pure cane sugar FTW!
    Ironically the darker the roast the less caffeine, so over roasted coffee's like Starbucks leave very little caffeine for you!:hsnono:

17. 07Ltd#767

lol...reading this now I can't believe I did that. I went to the gym last night and I felt like a watermelon was trying to crawl through my stomach out my ass the entire time. To hell with energy drinks...unless they have a shot of jager dropped in them

18. slowwrx

mmmm expresso