Call of Duty: Black Ops

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Matt, May 9, 2010.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

2. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

i heard this was coming out a couple weeks ago, i also heard that this will be the last of series being made.....

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Looking forward to it..... Enjoying Bad Company 2 right now though.. so I can wait.

4. Matt

you have plenty of time as this comes out in November :rofl:

5. Shewb

Shewb Member

This is made by Treyarch, the same team that did COD: World at War (COD 5).

Infinity Ward is the team that develops the Modern Warfare series (COD 4 and 6).

I personally prefer the Treyarch games. The Modern Warfare series have excellent campaign modes, except for the fact that there's no co-op. But their multiplayer is a glitch filled, over-priced mappack, retarded 10 year old mess!

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ MW2 abandoner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Agreed about the multiplayer though. It was getting less and less fun with all the cheaters and glitches...

7. Matt

what glitches were there? Were these all just for the pc, or did they manage to sneak some into console?

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ I'm refering to Xbox.... Care package glitch(ability to call in tons of CP) for example... there are a ton of glitches, and IW is really slow to fix, probably due to all the internal strife in that company....

9. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

There were plenty of glitches in the PS3 version too.

10. Shewb

Shewb Member

My favorite was the javelin glitch. The game would allow you to equip a riot shield and javelin launcher. Just run into a crowded room and shoot the floor.....instant suicide bomber.

11. Matt

12. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

13. Deke

Deke Active Member

I definitely prefer the Infinity Ward games, but I'm probably going to be checking this one out. :bigthumb:

14. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ Considering the shortcomings of MW2(Glitchy, cheaters galore with no fix, difficulty getting into a stable game)... and the fact that all the IW heads were fired/quit.. I'd question how good any further releases would be... COD 5 was awesome... I'd bet this new one will be as well..

15. Deke

Deke Active Member

Hmm, I never really had that bad of an experience with MW2. I think I've encountered the care package glitch once (and I was on the team of the glitcher), and I remember a few times right when I got the game people doing the javelin thing. It's been months since I've seen any kind of glitching/cheating. But then again, I mainly play hardcore, and I get the sense that the general hardcore player is more interested in enjoying the game than boosting their rank (less likely to cheat to win).

I will say that just the last 3 weeks or so I've been having more trouble getting games. But that basically just equates to taking longer to find a lobby, and maybe getting kicked between matches. It rarely affects my gameplay.

All that being said, I will have to give this new one a look. I only played COD5 a few times, so maybe I never gave it a fair chance.