Calling Alex's Brother...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BelvnAWD, Jun 9, 2005.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Alright, I just saw they are advertising Employee Pricing for all Saab's to everyone. How much research have you done on the Saabaru? Does it share all the bits with the WRX or are there differences that make the aftermarket smaller? I have been toying with the idea of moving to a wagon, but want to know more about the Saab first. Thanks for any help!

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

any thoughts on the legacy GT wagon?

3. BelvnAWD

Too expensive...according to one ad I saw, with all the incentives on the Saab, the price for the Aero was just over $19.5K...

4. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i believe halvdan got his wagon for 21k, its got the cold weather package and the sports package.

5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

yeah his wagon is SHARP!!! Very clean....I likey

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Andrew's wagon is awesome, he'll be leaving for Japan tomorrow though. If you would like to take a look at it / ride, lemme know. I'll get intouch with him and see if he cares, I doubt it. You'll be impressed, I assure you of this. Just lemme know.

7. BelvnAWD

Alex, where did he buy it and what was the total sale if you don't mind me asking. Thanks!

8. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Alex-
    You going to let me do an Uppipe on that thing or what? It would be nice once he gets back....

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Jim Ellis Saab on Peach. Indust for something like 21k off the lot.

10. halvdan

halvdan Member

Talk to Ernie at Jim Ellis Saab on Peachtree Industrial, he was great. Ya i just saw the ad advertising the employee discount for everyone with a song from Tommy by The Who playing in the background. Will the exploitiation of The Who music ever end? Between a Saab deal of mucho dinero off and a Dealership deal of money off. I ended up getting mine off the lot for 21k with 5% financing (they have a deal for 0% APR but you can choose between it and uber dollars off so we went with the dollars). As for the internals its just the same as a 2005 WRX Wagon, even has the assembled by Fuji Heavy Industries plaque under the hood. But ya if you are interested in checking it out and want to go down to Jim Ellis, Ernie is one of the nicest car salesman ive ever met (only met a few but either way) and im sure hed be willing to go over it with you and let you have a test drive or whatever else.

11. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

the Saab turbos are identical to an 04 WRX Wagon with the exception that they include the quicker ratio STI steering rack and different damping settings all around (I believe it is firmer).

They also come stock with roof rail deletes :)

12. BelvnAWD

Thanks for the input everyone! I am still checking this out. Though, I have already paid $4000 into this car and would hate to lose that now. We'll see how it plays out.

13. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

That is a DAMN good deal. That is like the WRX wagon plus leather plus rims and plus a sunroof for cheaper than a WRX wagon.