Camber Plates / Camber/Castor adjustment top hats

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by ~The_Duke~, Aug 28, 2014.

1. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

So I've been shopping, researching, and reading reviews on top hats / camber plates.

I am kind of limited in choices because I am planning running a stock strut\aftermarket spring combo to maintain some comfort for street use, but still able to put around -2 degrees camber in the front while adding alil bit of positive castor.

The ones that I am looking at are...

Racecomp Engneering
    Good: Lowers car another 10-15mm
    Not so great: Does not provide caster adjustment, most expensive choice

Whiteline Com-C
    Good: Is cheap, provides +Caster and -Camber
    Bad: Not adjustable, folks have complained of poor materials used in construction in older version of the product

Are there any other options for 2008+ STi that I should consider?

Does anyone have experiences with the above products?

2. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

i wonder if there is a vorshlag plate for the gr, I have those on the front with my tarmac 2's. Those plates maxed out and with the anti-lift kit, i think i almost hit 8 degrees of caster.

3. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

We've done almost every option. Personally, if it were my car, I would choose the RCE Camber Plate route. They are a bit more expensive but are going to be a much better alternative to the COM-Cs. The COM-Cs material isn't quite as stiff as it needs to be and breaks down pretty quickly; also, you pretty much get what you get in terms of caster and camber...

Unfortunately, Vorshlag doesn't have an option for the stock spring / strut setups for these cars.

4. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I have read nothing but good things about the RCE ones, so that is the direction I am leaning toward. Mike, do you know of any other options that work with stock strut\spring combo?

RCE's website actually sells the Vorshlag plates, but they dont work with stock strut\spring combos. They do also raise the car just a hair. RCE states that the bearing (s) used in the Vorshlag plates is the same they choose for their own camber plates.

How sturdy is the normal whiteline anti-lift kit? I read several instantances of the metal bits bending\breaking under motorsport applications. I would just put the serious race version that is all metal in, but that is not Street Touring legal due to change in metal content of the bushing.