Camera advice

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dheim96, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

I know there are a bunch of camera freaks on here, so I wanted to get some opinions on a good camera. I'm not looking for the top of the line crazy camera with so many functions that I'll never figure them out before they release the next model. But im also not looking for a point and click. I have two kids ages 4 and 5 and a puppy, so it has to be able to autofocuse and take videos. Cannon seems to make a good camera. So, maybe one by them? I'm still doing research on it and wanted to see what people on here had to say.

2. Max Q

Max Q Member

What's your budget? Get a nice used one from keh.com (they are local too).

If I were in the market for a camera right now and my budget was 800, I would get a used Nikon D90 and a used 50mm prime.

3. Texsun

Texsun Member

I love my Nikon D5000 and they are fairly inexpensive now!

4. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Love Nikon D800...Full Frame!!!

5. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Canon T3i kit with lens for $599 at frys till the end of tomorrow.

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

damn that's cheap. bought ours there last year for $1000 :(

7. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I've been very happy with my Cannon T2I and it was very reasonable.

8. integroid

Yeah, I got the last T3i kit they had at Fry's for $599. I also got the 70-300 lens for $99 more as a package deal. I am sure it will go on-sale again in the near future since the T4i if being released soon.

9. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

They will match that price at Microcenter

10. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

If it doesn't have to be a DSLR, the Sony line of NEX cameras is phenomenal. Great video, excellent image quality, and a decent line up of affordable lenses. Super light and easy to carry to boot. If I could afford to drop the money on a second camera, I would probably grab the NEX 5 or 7....

11. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I might be considering selling my T3i for the T4i...depends on how good that autofocus in video mode works.

12. integroid

I tried earlier in the week because Fry's had ran out and Microcneter said they couldnt because it was below their cost.

13. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

You can always buy my Canon 40D with a battery grip for $450. Cutting it lower than what I have it on Craigslist for.
    It's in almost like new condition.